Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2014, 12:42 AM

503 posts, read 693,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I read somewhere they were closing. Expect the one on Woodruff Rd. will be gone too.
Woodruff Rd. store is gone, it closed up like 2 weeks ago. I drove by on one of the last days it was open and saw them hauling stuff off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 07:00 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Quiznos at Batesville/The Parkway closed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Rooster View Post
Lots of Quiznos have been closing up shop recently, I think they filed for Chapter 11. Hope they stick around, I like their subs, but they're definitely not doing well these days.
Quizno's and Sbarro have also filed for bankruptcy earlier this month. Sbarro's store closings are just corporate owned and not franchised. Quizno's franchisees are likely jumping ship and exiting a failing chain.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:13 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,291,914 times
I remember those Quiznos ads with the singing rats. Hard to eat there after that - I associated them with rats, which didn't make me want to eat there.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:32 AM

723 posts, read 1,149,524 times
Someone told me recently that Backyard Burger on Halton had closed. As I haven't had a chance since then to drive past, can anyone confirm that?

Old 04-09-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyricamphibian View Post
Someone told me recently that Backyard Burger on Halton had closed. As I haven't had a chance since then to drive past, can anyone confirm that?
I will confirm Backyard Burgers is open as I called them after reading your post.

I would guess someone else exited the revolving door of sites previously occupied by Lonestar, Fatz Café and Fazzoli's.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:52 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I will confirm Backyard Burgers is open as I called them after reading your post.

I would guess someone else exited the revolving door of sites previously occupied by Lonestar, Fatz Café and Fazzoli's.
Good. Its still listed on their website as well. I would think they would be doing well since Jack in the Box and the Wendys closed in the vicinity. They do have Steak and Shake and Five Guys close by as competition. Miss Fazzoli's -always thought it was just as good as OG and much more reasonably priced.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Good. Its still listed on their website as well. I would think they would be doing well since Jack in the Box and the Wendys closed in the vicinity. They do have Steak and Shake and Five Guys close by as competition.
I do miss Jack in the Box. Their ultimate cheeseburgers and mozzarella cheese sticks were delicious and reasonably priced. The service was great. It was convenient than dealing with Burger King and Wendy's on Haywood Road. I think other locations should have closed instead of the Congaree Road store.

I do not do fast food anymore unless I need to.

I know Rafferty's is still open.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:47 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,597,269 times
I do miss Fazzolid's Ben there it was great food there had also miss Lonestar does anybody know what will go in the old golf store next five guys and that area i would like to see a timberland store or a ben and Jerry's ice cream

Old 04-09-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL fan View Post
I do miss Fazzolid's Ben there it was great food there had also miss Lonestar does anybody know what will go in the old golf store next five guys and that area i would like to see a timberland store or a ben and Jerry's ice cream
Fazzoli's went downhill quickly in quality of food and service. Lonestar closed because their niche was over saturated.

Edwin Watts Golf grew too quickly and dug a hole in debt. I would not mind seeing independent retail occupy the vacated space.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:06 PM

423 posts, read 898,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post

Backyard Burgers is closed on Sunday. That's probably what caused the confusion. They used to be open 7 days, but a couple of years ago they started closing on Sunday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area