Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2011, 04:08 PM

5 posts, read 4,956 times

Advertisements

Hi -

I will be moving to Greenville from Fayetteville, Ar. This will be my 3rd time moving to South Carolina (I work as a general contractor and move around a lot) and I will not make the same mistake for a 3rd time and live anywhere else in the upstate besides Greenville. I love that town.

I will be the first one in my company to settle in followed by 3 more peers and their family who will all need a good realtor or property reference as they also want to live in Greenville, per my recommendation

So, it would be a great help if someone could recommend a realtor to help locate a rental property. I am looking for a condo(preferably) or house/townhouse and lastly an apartment all within walking distance of Downtown Greenville or within 5 minutes of driving from Downtown. Price range is from $900-1,500 for a 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom would be fine but price range is what drives the choice. Minimum lease of 1 year is preferred because I will most likely need a 2 year lease.

I have looked at:

Fieldhouse (this is my favorite property) but have trouble locating rentals
McBee looks 'okay' but would question the construction and quality
Riverplace, again trouble locating rentals
Bookends, trouble locating rentals
Poinsettia, trouble locating rentals

Please help me with a reference to a realtor that could solidify and narrow my search or point me in a direction for a good property. Or the wonderful readers of this thread could help with their responses of some rental properties.

Thanks and God bless,

Brewster
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 11:09 AM

63 posts, read 212,493 times
Im not sure who to recommend for you, but I used to own a condo at the bookends, and ill tell you that it is a very well built place. Other than hearing people walk down the halls (every now and then), you couldn't hear neighbors at all. As far as i know, nobody could hear me either (nobody complained anyway).

The downfall is that (at the time) the months regime fees were around $120 (probably was more for others, bc i had one of the smallest condos there).

I did a quick check online for available units (for sale) and there were 2 (one was close to $1m (id guess no chance on renting that for 1500/mo lol)). The other one would prob be a stretch, but it might be worth a shot (you never know)

111 E Mcbee Ave Unit 404 Greenville SC - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - MLS #1222821 - Realtor.com®

Gl. With the search, and keep me in mind if you have ANY type of work (construction related) that might have to get done.. Im a residential home builder, but always looking for work to stay busy.

Thanks
Merle

Old 12-29-2011, 12:59 PM

115 posts, read 264,477 times
We used Amy Parham from Red Door Realty when we did our relocation this fall. She was great to work with and found us a great rental property.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:17 PM

5 posts, read 4,956 times
Thanks Merle!

I have been looking at Bookends. Construction quality means a lot to me, I used to build condos during my college years and always cringed at the designs and the probable passivity of noise through the structure. I do mainly heavy commercial now but will keep you in mind for personal projects I hear about with our office crew (pencilnecks )

Thanks Bones! I will contact Amy and also give her name to my cohorts.

Please keep the responses coming.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:42 PM

807 posts, read 1,783,880 times
Default condos

There are two on Townes St. (29601), one is 1075 & the other is 1095.
There is a 3br, 2bath @20 Hidden Hills Dr. (29605) for 1595.
One at 706A Benett St. (29607), it is also a 3/2 and is 1500.

Hope this helps a little.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:56 AM

73 posts, read 121,851 times
We have moved twice within the Taylors/Greenville area, and we have used Kaaren Anderson with Prudential C. Dan Joyner Realtors. She has been great to work with in both transactions - a small starter home and a larger home for a family. I would definitely recommend her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area