Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2011, 07:07 AM

21 posts, read 40,389 times

Advertisements

When i move into the Greenville or Spartanburg area at somepoint. I will be looking for a Housekeeping job to start off with & i have seen job listings on my PC which come up daily for both St. Frances Hospitals that are always... looking for help in the housekeeping dept. & i've wondered why that is?

Does anyone have any info on what it's like to work for them? Or know someone that has worked for them? I can only imagine that maybe it's a lot of work for little pay. Also... how is their insurance coverage (if known)

How do they compare to Mary Black Hospital in Spartanburg? I don't have to work at either hospital. But i'm looking for good insurance coverage & i thought a hospital may be one place to start off looking. But i do have other places in mind as well. Any info or advice will be appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 09:26 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,378,718 times
Don't overlook AnMed Health in Anderson. They have (or at least had) a stellar housekeeping reputation at their "new" campus on S.C. 81, near T.L. Hanna High School.

Likewise, Greenville Hospital System is large and has many new facilities at its main, Greer, Patewood, and Golden Strip campuses.

St. Francis has three locations in Greenville. The Eastside and Millennium campuses are newer than the main campus near the West End, but newer office buildings have been constructed there and the corporate officials are considering adding new hospital facilities as well.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:13 PM

423 posts, read 898,844 times
I have worked at St Francis for 16 years, though not in housekeeping. Some of the housekeeping staff have been there for many years. I think the turnover rate is probably due to the fact that it's a hospital open 24 hours a day with very high expectations in terms of job performance, attendance, ability to interact positively with the patients and staff. People who have worked in other housekeeping jobs have been used to cleaning empty rooms or offices with a set routine and in a hospital you are dealing with sick patients and an environment that must be sterile to avoid cross contamination. The benefits are excellent and the pay is probably higher than minimum wage. All employees hired as Part Time (16 hours or more) or Full Time (32-40 hours) (not PRN) are eligible for insurance and Paid Time Off after a waiting period. All of the medical office buildings, including the Millennium facility, are leased and managed by an outside company that contracts out the cleaning and are not cleaned by hospital employees. St Francis housekeeping staff work only in the downtown and eastside hospitals and not in any of the adjacent buildings. I hope this helps.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:54 PM

1,249 posts, read 1,733,152 times
Don't overlook Spartanburg Regional Medical Center, either. Insurance is decent and overall a good place to work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area