U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-01-2007, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 29,778 times
Default Looking for older homes built by Jim Walter Homes

I am trying to find older models of homes built by Jim Walter homes in the greenville area. I just want to see how they look after 10 years or so of living. Please let me know if you have any ideas about how to find these custom homes that they built. The company themselves only shows brochures.

Thanks very much!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 02:25 PM

9 posts, read 50,618 times
Default Jim Walter Homes 6-10 Years Of Age..

Old 09-28-2007, 06:13 AM

1 posts, read 30,529 times
Here are photo's of a house built within 2 years.

My Jim Walter Home My Jim Walter Home Photo Gallery

Old 12-19-2007, 10:29 AM

1 posts, read 29,230 times
Default Older Jim Walter homes

I have Jim Walters home that was built in the sixes and is still in good shape. It's a small one bedroom built on piling 8 feet above groung level. The lower level has been enclosed and a bedroom and bath have been added. This house was built to look like a log cabin with rounded horizonal boards on the outside.
I have tried to find replacemet wood for the outside with no luck. If anyone knows where to locate this type of wood please let me know.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:22 PM

1 posts, read 28,446 times
Does anyone know of newer jim walter homes such as Foxborough and Savannah that has been built and photos ? Thanks Lib Dee

Old 10-16-2008, 04:05 PM

2 posts, read 47,191 times
Default Jim Walter Homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewasser View Post
I am trying to find older models of homes built by Jim Walter homes in the greenville area. I just want to see how they look after 10 years or so of living. Please let me know if you have any ideas about how to find these custom homes that they built. The company themselves only shows brochures.

Thanks very much!
I live in a Jim Walter Home that was built in 1985. I purchased it as a foreclosure and have done some renovations. The home is on a crawl space and is structurally sound. I love the floor plan (approx. 1803 sq.ft).
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for older homes built by Jim Walter Homes-great-floor-plan.jpg  

Old 03-21-2010, 09:55 PM

1 posts, read 20,178 times
Default Cute

Do you still have the floor plan to your adorable home, my husband and I are moving to California we are adding an addition to his mothers house times are tough right now having options with different floorplans can help us figure out what exactly we want and give us an idea with what we can spend. Thanks hope to hear back from you... Tonya

[email]Gumby3791@aol.com[/email]

Old 03-22-2010, 08:45 PM

2 posts, read 47,191 times
Dear "Cute",
I never had a copy of the floor plan. I'm sure there are similar floor plans in Jim Walter brochures, however, they have gotten out of the home building business and are now concentrating on their energy divisions. The floor plan would not help you with an addition anyway. What you need is a contractor that has some design experience and a copy of the floor plan that you are planning the addition on, so that you can integrate the traffic flow and maintain the integrity of the existing structure. You want the addition to appear to have always been there and not to stick out like a sore thumb. I now live in Florida but I still have a Home Builders license in AL where I use to design/build custom homes for my customers. I also have a real estate license in Alabama and Florida.
bkgravitt@gmail.com

Old 05-17-2010, 09:22 AM

1 posts, read 19,052 times
I live in a Jim Walter house and would like some info about it. It's about 800 sq ft and had a carport (which is enclosed now). Three small bedrooms, one bath, retangular build. I saw an old ad and it looks like what was called "The Country Squire". Does anyone know about this plan? Thanks!

Old 09-09-2010, 06:37 AM

1 posts, read 17,167 times
It looks like paper ****....if u ask me!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area