Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 01:04 PM

2,213 posts, read 2,842,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
I've met dozens of people from the midwest and most of them are from Ohio. Almost all the out of state people I meet are from Ohio, Florida or New Jersey. Not sure why exactly though?
Lots of people come from New Jersey because it is extremely expensive and extremely densely populated. I imagine people come from Florida for similar reasons. Not sure about Ohio or the Midwest, though.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:17 PM

115 posts, read 264,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecup View Post
I'm married with kids and we moved to Greenville, SC from TX to get away from the heat and always having to get in the car to get anywhere. We heard about Greenville, SC as being "The Best Kept Secret," and quit frankly it's no secret. Their downtown upgrade is nice, but "way" "way" overcrowded. It seems the entire mid-west moved here. Not to exclude other places, but being from the South we are a bit more animated and/or emotional creatures than what I have found mid-westerners to be, i.e. OH, MI, IN, WI, NE, MN. I don't mean to offend, but mid-westerners are a strange bunch. Most all were miserable where they were at and moved to get away, but unfortunately they are still miserable after relocation. They're not happy or mad, just seem to be indifferent about everything. To sum it up I don't find them to have any character at all - just dry. They mostly keep to themselves and choose not interact with anyone. And what it is up with Ohio?! Is there anyone left in that state?!...Geeeezzzz!! I apologize, I can already see some mid-westerner ready to tell me a thing or two - maybe three, but in a very monotone kind of way.
For such a small town, traffic in Greenville is "extremely" aggressive (and I've lived, in LA, Houston, and DFW). It's this hateful, mean, driving behavior that is just completely uncalled for. And watch out while you're crossing the street in downtown because you'll have some maniac wanting to make the yellow at full speed.
They tout they are bike friendly, and yes I ride my bike every day to the office, and drivers are oblivious to the so-called "bike friendly" rule. And I will not get in to the people driving and texting.
And, WOW, talk about smoking, everyone and their mother smokes in Greenville, SC. The restaurants are smoke free, and so the sidewalks are littered with people smoking. It’s ridiculous. It’s like they didn’t get the memo that smoking is bad for your health.
The town is what is called the "mega growth' corridor and so crime is on the upswing and increasing. Cars and homes are being broken in to on a frequent basis.
I've lived here long enough to have an opinion based on experience and so any realtor, or otherwise, that tries to cast stones at me for stating less than favorable statements can share your voice but my opinion still stands as fact.
And yes, we are looking to relocate after our lease is up...
Maybe you are experiencing these problems, because you are CAUSING them. I can understand why you think us midwesterners sound funny, but for your information you southerners sound funny to us. Big difference is we don't make a real issue of it, its one of those "does it really matter" type deals. So we also seem boring and too reserved for you, maybe we think you are loud and obnoxious at times. Just because the area is bike friendly does not mean YOU own the road, I've experienced just as many bikers almost causing accidents as cars. I can tell from your post and inability to stay in one place that no matter where you go, with an attitude like that you will never be happy! I will agree with you on the idiot drivers, it seems that people either drive 20 under the limit or 25-30 over. I've been everywhere from Europe, to Mexico to New York City and the aggressivenes of the drivers here are no comparison. It all boils down to, if your already a miserable, negative, always glass half empty type person you are destined to attract that very attention....Have a good day, from a boring, monotone, rude, non-smoking former Northerner!!! PS. Ohio State sucks and yes I am from Ohio....GO BLUE

Old 01-13-2012, 02:16 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,662,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
Almost all the out of state people I meet are from Ohio, Florida or New Jersey. Not sure why exactly though?
We left FL because it was full of mid westerners

Joking of course.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:12 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,938,702 times
You all do know what a troll is, right?

Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The more you feed 'em, the more they stick around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area