Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 01:16 PM

10,073 posts, read 7,754,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrocker View Post
I don't quite agree with what you said here (and echoed), Noodles. If the HOA doesn't have the ability to levy fines, there isn't much you can do as a community except make an amendment. I am on my HOA board and we have the same issue. There is no law against parking on our streets (except to do it properly) and we have no way of enforcing our no-park rule, even if we wanted to. The HOA board could speak with owner, that would be the least you could expect.
Shamrocker, could you help me understand why an HOA would have rules and regulations yet not be able to levy fines? One would think if you pay dues and live in a HOA community the HOA would protect you. Why is there even such a thing as having an HOA that can't penalize those that don't abide by rules? Why aren't all HOAs able to levy fines?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 04:54 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,517,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
No I haven't. The prior 2 times I called the sheriff's office they gave no hint that they don't handle this. They came out and my neighbor was told to move his vehicle.

Even the zoning official gave me instruction to call the sheriff's dept.

This last incident was the first I've heard that it isn't their responsibility. I'm thinking perhaps the officer that came out is perhaps a rookie or just not up to par on who exactly would handle. I may have to call back.

I didn't know if someone of this board might know before doing that though.
You may have gotten wrong info. Our HOA tells us to call the police when our driveway is blocked by another motorist or if someone is parked on the corner. I live in the city though but I don't think that should make any difference.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:29 AM

10,073 posts, read 7,754,937 times
I got my answer. I should call traffic control at Greenville County Sheriff's Office. Don't know why the officer that came out said nothing they could do. Perhaps he was a rookie.

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area