U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 08:26 AM

8 posts, read 11,712 times

Advertisements

People want to buy a cheap box house and expect quality and service like they're dealing with a local builder. Legendary goes into unfinished custom built home neighborhoods and slap up these ugly box house eye sores. If all the complaints about dealing with Legendary are true, how good do you think the quality of the house is going to be? $300,000 for a 5,000 sq/ft house? Really?? I feel bad for the people who built custom homes and now have these box house being built around them. Bad for resale.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:35 PM

58 posts, read 175,858 times
I am starting to believe that this statement is true. We are still having problems getting into our new home. Mortgage problems is only part of it. Bad communication with this builder.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:19 AM

1 posts, read 6,660 times
Default Legendary Manager

NYPat,

I am the Sales and Operations Manager for Legendary Communities in Greenville. I want to start by thanking you for trusting Legendary to build your home. Building a home for someone is a great responsibility and one we take very seriously. It is unfortunate, and I am very sorry that you have not had a good experience thus far. Although building a quality home is one of our highest priorities, providing a good customer experience is just as important. One of the most important parts of my job is to answer questions or concerns from customers that a sales agent or project manger can not answer. In fact, we have 3 managers, (a construction manager, operations manager and division manager), who are here in Greenville and all 3 of us have very open lines of communication with our field personnel, especially when it comes to customer service. If a customer has an issue that can not be resolved, we are very quick to respond to a concern. I speak to customers who have a question, a concern, a complaint or in many cases just giving some positive feedback all the time. Have you asked anyone to speak with a local manager? If a customer asks to speak to a manager with any question, one of us will always respond. I would be happy to speak with you in person about any issues you are having regarding the construction or sales process with your home. Please email me your contact information to j.kyker@legendarycom.com.

Jim Kyker

Old 05-14-2012, 01:02 PM

774 posts, read 828,529 times
Thank you for posting on this forum. I hope you can help and I am glad to see that everyone has a way to get in touch with you now. Thanks!!

Old 06-07-2012, 11:10 AM

58 posts, read 175,858 times
New house, new community, new builder, new location. Things working smoothly no more headaches.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:25 PM

774 posts, read 828,529 times
Glad you got things resolved.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:00 PM

104 posts, read 106,290 times
Default Pat...

Do you know anything about the Ivy Grove development in Augusta Road?

Old 06-09-2012, 01:35 PM

32 posts, read 25,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokensmth View Post
To anyone that has recently purchased a Legendary Communities home- two questions:

1)How much did you negotiate your home by (either new construction or already built).

2)Are you happy with the quality?
For point#2 - one of my friend told me that after home inspection, Inspector told it is average quality material they are using.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:44 PM

1 posts, read 6,320 times
Default Beware - Keep your guard up!

I recently signed a contract to build in the Legendary Community of Spring Hill Farm. I researched extensively for complaints and negative comments against the builder but found none. I felt very good moving ahead. The sales process went pretty smooth but potential buyers need to be aware of Legendary's sales incentive to pay up to $2,500 of the buyers closing cost. NOT as good as it sounds. They have in their contract that the buyers closing cost must include the transfer fee (deed stamps), which is based on the value of the home. In South Carolina, the seller is nomally required to pay the transfer fee. I had known this because I had just paid the transfer fee on my home that I had just sold the day before. It caught me off-guard and I was a little confused by it at the time. However, my buyers agent was present and she alluded that it was normal. WTH?? So I signed the contract feeling that was not right ...MY FAULT !! In my particular case, the transfer fee is $1,000. So essentially, I only have a $1,500 credit towards MY closing cost insted of $2,500. The transfer fee is the majority of the sellers closing cost, so this is just a ploy to save the seller from paying their own closing cost. My lesson learned from this????....I let my guard down and got screwed out of 1K. That's OK, but it WON'T happen again, and I don't want it happing to anybody else. I will be moving forward with exceptional caution and skepticism.
Secondly, I'm losing my warm and fuzzy with this builder. The sales agent told me that two weeks after signing the contract, we would have a pre-construction meeting with the project manager to approve plans and start construction. Well, today is four weeks and we just learned that it probably will be another two weeks. These CADD drawings can be copied, revised and plotted out within minutes (I did this myself for years). So, with a start like this, I don't see meeting our Sept.28 closing date. I'm still trying to be positive....cautious but positive. I will continue to provide updates.

Last edited by swayngdb; 06-21-2012 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: spell check

Old 06-22-2012, 10:50 AM

3 posts, read 11,513 times
Default Buyer Beware - legendary has ignored my documented complaint since may 2011

buyer's need to beware that legendary does not care about addressing homeowner's complaints or concerns. as you can see from the title of this message i have been attempting to get an issue resolved for more then a year. i have even sent through my attorney two certified demand letters to company executives and the local attorney registered as the agent for legendary communities in south carolina (DBA BK residential construction). i have proceeded to register a complaint with the SC department of consumer affairs, the local BBB as well as the local television stations. as you consider the largest investment you will likely make in your lifetime i encourage you to invest elsewhere. if i behaved this way at my place of employment i would have been fired a long time ago.

if anyone from legendary communities reads this post and cares enough to respond or address my complaint i would greatly appreciate it. let's see how you will choose to repsond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area