U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 08:14 PM

3,991 posts, read 5,553,054 times

Advertisements

There is no way this road can handle the addition of more stuff! It was a parking lot today. Traffic was backed up even on Verde Boulevard, down I85\385 interchange, and at every exit. Goodness!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 08:27 PM

6,155 posts, read 16,967,790 times
Valentine's shoppers!

Old 02-11-2012, 08:40 PM

574 posts, read 1,088,296 times
It was bad yesterday too. Friday afternoons and weekends/holidays are very congested. Yesterday there was an accident in front of Walmart (I am guessing someone impatiently pulled out, as is often the case). The ambulance had a rough time getting through the "parking lot." If you can, get on Roper Mountain Road, which parallels Woodruff and go that way. That's what I do.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:53 PM

9,736 posts, read 18,889,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
There is no way this road can handle the addition of more stuff! It was a parking lot today. Traffic was backed up even on Verde Boulevard, down I85\385 interchange, and at every exit. Goodness!
You seem surprised. The Magnolia Park development is going to happen whether we like it or not due to the site being zoned PD.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:10 PM

1,437 posts, read 1,737,323 times
Woodruff Road isn't so much a road as it is a hangout.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:19 PM

Location: near downtown Greenville, SC (lives vicariously on a beach south of 30-A)
1,672 posts, read 3,197,945 times
I, too, happened to be sitting in this "parking lot" today - I typically never use Woodruff (unless I need to get to Target or Trader Joe's) - I always utilize Millennium Blvd, Miller Road, or East Butler Road. I've said it before - this is the most poorly planned road in the entire Greenville area - I'm just amazed that this road is not 6 lanes - it's boggles my mind that both Pleasantburg and (good grief) Wade-Hampton are both 6 lanes with Woodruff (being the center of commerce in the entire Upstate) is only 4! SCDOT, the city of Greenville, and Greenville county need to plan ahead and collaborate - I suppose this will only happen when businesses suffer on this excruciating corridor.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:48 PM

212 posts, read 344,424 times
I saw a whole lot of stupid this afternoon around Shops of Greenridge and Whole Foods. I did have one nice person let me over into the left lane after I got on Woodruff Rd from 85 Northbound so I could turn into Greenridge. After that, it was a hell of an afternoon. My wife and I have decided no more Woodruff Rd on a Saturday.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:53 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,245,087 times
I just laugh when I hear people complain about Woodruff Rd traffic. If you want to see some REAL traffic go to Charlotte or Atlanta. Woodruff Rd is nothing. Laurens, Wade Hampton and Pleasantburg were all widened to six lanes to handle the big boxes then all the retailers packed up and left for Woodruff which was 2 lanes when Wal-mart was the first to go. So if the businesses suffer its their own fault.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I just laugh when I hear people complain about Woodruff Rd traffic. If you want to see some REAL traffic go to Charlotte or Atlanta. Woodruff Rd is nothing. Laurens, Wade Hampton and Pleasantburg were all widened to six lanes to handle the big boxes then all the retailers packed up and left for Woodruff which was 2 lanes when Wal-mart was the first to go. So if the businesses suffer its their own fault.
I'm familiar with both cities. Parking lot is parking lot! Can't get worse than not moving. Period!

Old 02-11-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
You seem surprised. The Magnolia Park development is going to happen whether we like it or not due to the site being zoned PD.
Not surprised, just watching it change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area