U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 05:50 PM

5,396 posts, read 5,606,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Yep, I know. That's my point....no extra savings off those high prices...no loyalty type cards.
Publix has plenty of deals/coupons on their website. You just have to know where to look! If it weren't for Fuel Perks.....

As fuel prices skyrocket, I wonder if the Fuel Perks program will change or be withdrawn...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 07:19 PM

837 posts, read 703,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Publix has plenty of deals/coupons on their website. You just have to know where to look! If it weren't for Fuel Perks.....

As fuel prices skyrocket, I wonder if the Fuel Perks program will change or be withdrawn...

All these perks and stuff are just gimmicks to get people in the store and they are getting their money back by markups on other stuff you may pick up in the store. I wish many retailers that have these savings cards would just give us the bottom line lowest price like Walmart and stop playing games.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:27 PM

8,560 posts, read 8,361,009 times
It sounds like when Johnson and Wales University, a culinary school which Emeril Lagasse graduated from, ditched Charleston, a food destination of the south. Whereas where they moved to (Charleston, NC) WAS NOT a food destination but they went anyway because Bank of America was willing to bankroll a new campus.

There is no such thing as loyalty, ethics or taste anymore. It is and has always been about FOLLOWING THE MONEY -- now more than EVER!

Old 03-13-2012, 09:11 PM

2,752 posts, read 1,465,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
It sounds like when Johnson and Wales University, a culinary school which Emeril Lagasse graduated from, ditched Charleston, a food destination of the south. Whereas where they moved to (Charleston, NC) WAS NOT a food destination but they went anyway because Bank of America was willing to bankroll a new campus.

There is no such thing as loyalty, ethics or taste anymore. It is and has always been about FOLLOWING THE MONEY -- now more than EVER!
Emily....I think you wanted to say JW moved to Charlotte, not Charleston NC. Don't worry, even as a top 25 metro, we get that a lot. Hope the DNC coverage eliminates the confusion between a metro of 2.5m and one of 600k. And, Emeril now has a restaurant in Charlotte, along with many others. Charlotte has become a good food city. Unlike Charleston, Charlotte's are scattered into different areas such as Central Avenue, Elizabeth, Downtown (all 4 wards), SouthPark, Dilworth, NoDa, Southend, Montford Avenue, etc.......

As for Bi Lo, it is too bad they are moving to Jax. I was surprised to see that, I thought they would consolidate in Greenville County. But, as someone else mentioned, I can see the combined company being sold to another grocer. Equity firms are not in business to operate assets long term.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:08 AM

3,169 posts, read 2,233,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Publix does not have "coutesy cards," or any other membership savings card that I am aware of.
Publix Upromise Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I could be wrong but I still think this whole deal will lead to a bigger deal to a bigger player and my guess it will be Kroger. They are sitting on a lot of cash and this would be a perfect acquistion for them with hardly any store overlap.
Such a move would complete Kroger's stronghold on the southeastern United States with Publix as its major competitor. Kroger could reenter areas where it once had or has stores with litte concentration, but with better position through regional banners: Charlotte, NC; Chattanooga, TN; Columbia, SC; Greenville, SC; Knoxville, TN.

In the event Bi-Lo was paired with another supermarket larger than itself, its offices were going to be moved out of the area. The same thing would have happened in 2010 if Delhaize did acquire Bi-Lo for the Food Lion umbrella.

Consolidating corporate functions is one step for Bi-Lo/Winn Dixie. This includes your category areas. Store closings are underway with South Pleasantburg Drive @ East Faris Road being one of them. Store operations, being your regions and districts, will undergo alignment.

Last edited by Carolina Knight; 03-14-2012 at 10:31 AM..

Old 03-14-2012, 10:41 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,794,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Upromise is NOT a Publix product. It is accepted at retailers all over town and all over the internet.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Upromise is NOT a Publix product. It is accepted at retailers all over town.
I am proving a fact that Publix does have a card, one for customers who are enrolled in Upromise.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I am proving a fact that Publix does have a card, one for customers who are enrolled in Upromise.
Do you know what Upromise is? It is not the same as a Bi-Lo BonusCard or Ingles Advantage Card.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Do you know what Upromise is? It is not the same as a Bi-Lo BonusCard or Ingles Advantage Card.
Upromise is a 529 college savings program.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Upromise is a 529 college savings program.
Yes, it is. Look at it this way...to get the ad price at Bi-Lo, Ingles or CVS you must use the store's card. To get the ad price at Publix no card is required. If Publix didn't offer Upromise, they would lose business so they give you a card you link to your Upromise account. You do not give any personal information to Publix as you do to Bi-Lo, Ingles or CVS when you "apply" for their cards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area