Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 06:23 AM

2 posts, read 2,613 times

Advertisements

Hello all: I'm graduating from Clemson in May and need a 1 bedroom apt. in Greenville for my new job. I'd love an apartment close to -- or even in -- the downtown area, as long as the rent isn't too steep. I'm from the general area but don't really have a clue about Greenville itself, or what's available, where to start looking, etc. I'm open to almost anything. Suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 09:32 AM

55 posts, read 167,612 times
Anything directly downtown is going to be steep. What is your price range? What types of amenities are you looking for? Those would be helpful in knowing the type of place you want. I would suggest starting on the apartment websites such as apartmentguide.com and apartmentfinder.com. That way, you can narrow down your choices to go do visits. As far as apartment suggestions, check out the Polos at Hudson Corners. The apartments are nice, the staff is helpful, gated entry and price for 1 bedrooms is not bad. I work in the middle of downtown and the commute is 15 minutes or so each way.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:13 AM

2 posts, read 2,613 times
Thanks for the suggestion/info.

I'd say my max price would be somewhere around the $800 range. As far as amenities, I don't need much beyond the basics, and extras like pools, a gym, etc. don't really interest me at all.

I've spent some time on apartment websites but haven't really had much luck on them, but I probably just need to spend more time working with them.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:46 PM

8 posts, read 8,981 times
Hi! I'm a Greenville native and a college student myself. Have you looked at McBee station? It's pricey but within your range I believe and it's downtown, you could walk to Publix for groceries. Would be able to go out for the weekend without driving! I would live there if I could afford it! I would also check out rentals on N. Main, you might get really lucky just driving around looking for "For Rent" signs. Check Southland property management, they rent properties in the older/nicer part of Greenville that is close to downtown. Also check the Marchant company and Tinsley. Perley apartments are right off Augusta and would be about half of what you're willing to pay if on-site laundry and pets aren't a priority for you, I haven't actually been inside, but the area is desirable. They are located at the entrance to a very nice neighborhood that surrounds Greenville Country Club right of off Byrd Blvd from Augusta. What area of Greenville will you be working in? I would steer clear of Woodruff/Haywood Road/etc, although there are a couple of decent communities in that area (I have heard good things about The Vinings at Roper Mountain). Share what you've found so far if you want my opinion, good luck!

Old 04-07-2012, 05:48 AM

4,576 posts, read 5,949,745 times
I found the Vinings communities to have the best 1 Bedroom floor plan. The Vinings at Duncan Chapel is owned by Furman now however they rent to General Public as well as students and its only minutes to downtown. Beautiful area near Publix at University Ridge and behind Furman and next to Swamp rabbit trail. There is Vinings at Roper Mountain and Vinings at Brookfield but they are both further from downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area