Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 10:07 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,544,260 times

Advertisements

Gas prices are steadily on the rise, and there's not a thing we can do about it. But there may be ways around the problem without thinking on the end of gasoline.

I believe there is real room for improvement in all of the three main metros in the area to improve public transportation in virtually every aspect. We're faced with whole major areas that don't recieve coverage, or inadequate coverage, waits as long as an hour, limited hours on service, and little if any service on the weekend. If we are going to have buses then we need to take full potential of our services.

People are going to say we're too spread our or not enough people will ride it. I just flat our disagree. Four dollars is too expensive to me... three dollar gas really is too expensive to me. A lot of other people are in the same boat. If the service can become conveient to those who want to ride it, then you can expect it will recieve usage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 06:24 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,841,818 times
We could start by having sidewalks. I could walk to about four supermarkets within 10 minutes of my house if it wasn't suicidal to walk on the no-sidewalk roads.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:20 AM

51 posts, read 67,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
We could start by having sidewalks. I could walk to about four supermarkets within 10 minutes of my house if it wasn't suicidal to walk on the no-sidewalk roads.
I couldn't agree more with this!

Old 04-03-2012, 07:54 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
End of April? Have you checked the price of premium lately? LOL

Old 04-03-2012, 08:18 AM

672 posts, read 1,417,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
Right on. I live off of Fairview Rd, and we can get almost anywhere with the sidewalks we have...except for the stores on Grandview!

Old 04-03-2012, 08:20 AM

672 posts, read 1,417,238 times
I'm lucky that I live close to work, but I have started taking my motorcycle to work more often. It more than doubles my gas mileage. My car takes premium gas, so I am driving a little less these days.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:28 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
And yet you want more interstates to get built mattee01. How would that cause gas prices to go lower along with expanding public transportation options?

Old 04-03-2012, 10:53 AM

684 posts, read 1,185,571 times
Maybe if more companies had a whole bunch of carpool spots with free charging for electric vehicles! :$ Or stop driving trucks

Old 04-03-2012, 01:05 PM

9,492 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohtalim View Post
Maybe if more companies had a whole bunch of carpool spots with free charging for electric vehicles! :$ Or stop driving trucks
Get a job with GE and drive a Volt for free.

I saw my first Volt up close Saturday at Walmart on Woodruff Rd. The driver came out carrying some plants and I started up a conversation with him. He said the Volt is a GE company car.

GE was said to be buying 12,000 Volts for use by it's employees.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:08 PM

9,492 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrocker View Post
I'm lucky that I live close to work, but I have started taking my motorcycle to work more often. It more than doubles my gas mileage. My car takes premium gas, so I am driving a little less these days.
Sadly, you have to put your life at more risk everyday by driving a motorcycle to save money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area