Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2013, 05:40 PM

807 posts, read 1,784,882 times

Advertisements

Sorry, I am just saying that on the West End there was hardly anything I can remember except the Army Navy store especially compared to what is there now. Darn, I thought there was a Krispy Kreme near the Westin Poinsett. I could have sworn going down a one way street to get there. Thanks for correcting that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 09:18 AM

285 posts, read 457,399 times
Short lived hot dog place on Main, around 90-91. I believe it was called Sparky's.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:32 PM

128 posts, read 320,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Grissinger View Post
Sorry, I am just saying that on the West End there was hardly anything I can remember except the Army Navy store especially compared to what is there now. Darn, I thought there was a Krispy Kreme near the Westin Poinsett. I could have sworn going down a one way street to get there. Thanks for correcting that.
There was one in that area. My aunt (70 years old) told me about it not too long ago. Your memory is

Old 02-23-2013, 07:36 AM

Thanks! I was worried for a minute but I was a small child so I wasn't sure.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:51 AM

2 posts, read 5,143 times
1st indoor shopping mall at Bell Tower Plaza?
Zaxby's in the old house on Lauren's Rd?
Welcome grocery store at the corner of Laurens and Haywood?
White Horse Drive-In theater?
Super Saver Warehouse on Laurens Rd?
Mall on Wade Hampton Blvd (now part of Bob Jones)?
Belks, J.C. Penney, Meyers Arnold & Woolworths downtown?
Downtown being called 'Uptown'?
Sears & Roebuck Co. on Stone Ave?
Nichols department store?
Cows on top of Bi-Lo grocery stores?
Tracks record store on Haywood Rd? (also a female DJ from 'Power' 93.3 FM being buried alive at Tracks for 3 days for a promotional stunt?)
Coconuts record store on Haywood Rd?
Camelot Music in Greenville Mall?
Showbiz pizza near Haywood Rd?
Frodos pizza across from Greenville Tech?
President Reagan at Haywood Mall?
'Cellar Door presents' concerts at Greenville Memorial Auditorium?
Wrestling every Monday night and every Christmas Day at Greenville Memorial Auditorium?
Concert arena at Whitehorse Fairgrounds (Motley Crue without Vince Neil played there)?
Po' Folks restaurants?
K-Mart, Roses, TG&Y, Sky City, Sears, Western Auto and every small-time hardware store sold Guns & Ammo?
TCBY frozen yogurt?
Radio Shack sold raw electrical components for DIY projects?

In nearby Easley:
Roses?
TG&Y?
Foothills Mall (I think that was the name. Roses was the anchor. Current location of Lowes)?
Movie theater at the top of the big hill inside the Foothills Mall?

Old 04-24-2013, 11:25 AM

285 posts, read 457,399 times
For some reason the Red Baron Restaurant just came to mind. I know they were on main (possibly the old Maureens), but seems like they also had a spot in McCalister square.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:50 PM

85 posts, read 144,871 times
Wasn't it called Mom's Kitchen?

Old 04-24-2013, 06:22 PM

There's a group on Facebook for those interested in old pictures. It's called Greenville Remember When. Lots of photos of old schools, downtown, etc.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:51 PM

17 posts, read 32,911 times
Nations Bank on Laurens Rd where Hooters presently
Wal-mart, Sam's Club, Goodys, Best Buy on Laurens Rd

Last edited by g-smooth2k; 11-04-2016 at 08:13 PM..

Old 11-05-2016, 06:11 AM

I love this thread. I know I will never be able to drive down Woodruff and at 60 mph again! Lol. Yes, it used to have zero traffic. How about Bullock's Restaurant on Laurens Rd. & Gene's Restaurant. Two of the best meat & 3's ever. Has anyone ever been to Zorba's (it's still there). Best steak sandwich in town. Looks shady &'I have not been in years. May have to get the hubby to take me there again. Vince Perone's, loved the Stromboli at lunch time. Gee- I just seem to remember a lot of food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area