U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-11-2012, 04:27 PM

4 posts, read 2,523 times
Default TV, Internet, Phone in Mauldin

We are moving to Mauldin and I need to decide what to do about TV, Internet and Phone. I telecommute, so Internet is extremely important. We currently use Tivo for TV, and I do like Tivo, but we have never lived in an area that had AT&T Uverse before. Which is better for internet AT&T or Charter? Is there another option? What about TV?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 05:04 PM

897 posts, read 802,719 times
Since Internet is the priority, it comes down to Charter and AT&T. Your Internet experience is likely to be good for both. Charter has been forced to compete in areas which are also served by AT&T, and therefore have had to keep on their toes. There's still a bit of chance involved; I've heard of good and bad experiences from both companies.

Charter does work with Tivo. AT&T might have more HD channels, but check the per-room cost if you have multiple rooms.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:39 PM

5,482 posts, read 9,955,996 times
If you can't get AT&T Uverse your only choice is Charter. All you can do is call AT&T and ask if Uverse is available. Did I ask you if you'd seen my cat today?

Old 05-12-2012, 09:33 AM

341 posts, read 503,426 times
I telecommute also. Our only internet option where I live in Taylors / Eastside Greenville is Charter. We had the best home internet package but it still wasn't cutting it. It wasn't as reliable as I needed it to be, and the customer service was AWFUL. I switched to Charter business internet, which is about $75 per month, but for someone who works on the internet 6 days a week it's TOTALLY worth it. The customer service is so much better, and I've never had my internet go down unexpectedly (knock on wood).
Hope this helps!

Old 05-13-2012, 11:28 AM

1,311 posts, read 963,384 times
I have Charter for internet and cable, as well as Tivo. The Tivo allows for a very nice integration of cable channels, as well as local over the air antenna channels, all in one box, with a complete menu interface for all cable and antenna channels. And with the antenna connected to the Tivo, in addition to cable, I receive most Charlotte channels which are not carried by Charter in this area. And Charter is my only choice for internet at my location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area