Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 05:36 AM

85 posts, read 238,965 times

Advertisements

While visiting this Labor Day weekend, I had my heart set on trying Giovanni's based on some of your recommendations. Alas they were closed for the holiday.

We ended up a Capri's location up the road. My husband liked his lasagna, but I felt the sauce was too heavy for the veal on my veal parmesan. It was't well balanced -- too much sauce which overwhelmed the veal. However, the small antipasto salad with house dressing was excellent.

Guess we'll get to Giovanni's when we come back next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 04:02 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,530,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoundtoRetire View Post
While visiting this Labor Day weekend, I had my heart set on trying Giovanni's based on some of your recommendations. Alas they were closed for the holiday.

We ended up a Capri's location up the road.
Oh, if you'd gone south on Woodruff instead of north, you would have found Travinia. It's one of my favorites. I haven't been to the others mentioned, so I have no comparison to make, but I LOVE Travinia.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:53 PM

7 posts, read 14,272 times
Fratellis Pizza Pasta in Easley...By far the best Italian mom and pop whole in the wall you'll find.....they have only been open for about 7 months......the owners themselves are the chefs.....born in Italy raised in the Bronx....family has been in the business for over 65 years.....Stop by and chat with them....great people to talk to and the lasagna, manicotti, chicken parm....to DIE FOR!!!

Old 09-09-2009, 09:30 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,967,438 times
My daughter will be visiting with my grandkids over her birthday (her husband is staying home to get their house ready to put on the market) and I was thinking of Fratelli's after reading the reviews here. About how much are their dinner entrees?

Old 09-16-2009, 06:07 PM

7 posts, read 14,272 times
Their dinners range from about 8-9 and that includes a side salad or pasta and their own foccaccia bread.......their portions are typically rather large. I know I always go home with leftovers :-)

Old 09-16-2009, 06:25 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,967,438 times
We went a few days ago, and the kikds meal, two slices, was so huge that my daughter took a picture. On the downside, I wasn't expecting a sports restaurant with large screen tvs showing two different games in such a small space. The food was ok, but not spectacular IMO, and because of the tv's, I will not go back. I prefer to carry on a conversation when I go out to eat.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:16 AM

2 posts, read 5,143 times
Olive Tree Greenville, SC on Villa Rd. Just off Pleasantburg near I-385.
Mom and Pop Greek and Italian owned by Greeks. Tell Tom you said hi.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:34 PM

85 posts, read 238,965 times
Unhappy A missed opportunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
Oh, if you'd gone south on Woodruff instead of north, you would have found Travinia. It's one of my favorites. I haven't been to the others mentioned, so I have no comparison to make, but I LOVE Travinia.
I should have remembered to write down the addresses of the various restaurants I had gleaned from this thread -- Travinias was definitely on my list, RoadPony, sorry we missed the opportunity. Next trip!!

Old 09-20-2009, 06:51 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,470,014 times
I was in Greenville this weekend and ate at Travinia. I thoroughly enjoyed the food, service, and atmosphere - as always!

Old 09-20-2009, 09:20 PM

40 posts, read 159,951 times
Grazianos on Main St. in Simpsonville has closed..it is a Hamburger spot now called Mojos...Grazianos was SOOO delicious though, best Italian I had eaten in a while...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area