Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2012, 08:08 AM

116 posts, read 272,573 times

Advertisements

Curiosity question:

I have been getting real estate listings thru Cunningham Team website for more than a year now. I have noticed two thing recently and wonder if anyone has any comments.

The first is that the quantity of new listings has really upticked in this last month and am wondering is this just a seasonal thing or is there something else going on that I should be aware of if I am in the market for a home.

The second is that a few homes have had significant price drops, like $15,000 to $20,000. Other than maybe being on the market for awhile, what might drive a decrease this large!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 11:12 AM

6,895 posts, read 22,481,445 times
There are 2 homes for sale across the street, each is listed at a price lower than the last sale. I understand the cheaper of the 2 just sold. In both cases these people were transferred to different cities by their employers. Neither wanted to leave but had little choice and didn't want to wait months to a year to be rid of the properties. Also, I understand a bunch of foreclosed properties were set to hit the market in the last month, maybe that is why you see an increase in listings.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:33 PM

130 posts, read 224,206 times
For whatever reason the Spring is prime listing season here. For as long as I can remember the number of homes listed increase during the Spring months. Where I am, downtown, houses are beginning to sell like hotcakes. Three I know of have sold within a week of being listed.

Old 05-27-2012, 04:03 PM

6,895 posts, read 22,481,445 times
That can be said for almost any locale too scgubers! The reason is that school is closing for the year and that's when a lot of people look at moving.

Old 05-28-2012, 05:28 AM

843 posts, read 1,427,710 times
I moved here in December 2010. There were hardly any houses on the market at that time. Everyone hunkered down and waiting it out. There was not a single house for sale on my street for nine months. Now there have been three houses sold and two more currently on the market since Oct/Nov 2011. I definitely think there is an uptick in activity.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,092 times
i have been watching the market and getting houses sent to me from cunningham also..I have also realized an increase in houses on the market but i have also noticed the same thing where i live now in NJ...

Long story short i got a job offer that i am taking and planning on moving down in july to greenville..Going to rent for little bit and make sure everything works out then buy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
View detailed profiles of: