Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 09:40 PM

696 posts, read 1,335,337 times

Advertisements

In Philadelphia during general elections -- Black Panthers threatening voters to vote for Obama. Was there, witnessed it, decided not to vote there -- decided not to vote at all.

In Michigan, small town, very black. We were welcomed. I'd move back there without a second thought. Very large, Christian community. Also a very large Mexican community.

In New York, Queens... Quoting family of mine who lives there.... You're either a wop, a ****, a ****.. And I'm quoting what my grandmother says. She's not being mean, just describing the people she knows, people she's friendly with, goes to Church with...

** City-data didn't like some of the terms I posted. No offense intended, just expressing what I heard growing up. **

So... racism.

Racism in the South? I'm sure it exists here, like it does everywhere... Have you ever lived somewhere where everyone loved everyone else? Can I have the address?

Your miles may vary from mine, but it sounds like you have closed your mind.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:54 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,376,936 times
We are living in a decent society that allows every legal citizen — regardless of skin tone or ethnicity — the liberty to choose a path in pursuit of happiness. I have seen enough examples of successful minority professionals living comfortably in Greenville to know that anyone IS capable of achieving a better life if he/she is willing and able to make necessary personal sacrifices and work very hard along the way. We each have been given only one brief life to live here on earth. Please don't waste your real potential on petty distractions and mindless amusements.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area