Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 04:26 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,839,501 times

Advertisements

honestly never spent much time there, the reason I tend to think of it as cookie cutter is when I hear friends who live there describing where they live, its always "you go past (insert random subdivision name with the word wood in it) but if you've hit (insert random subdivision name with the word brook in it) you've gone too far."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 04:50 PM

10,074 posts, read 7,754,937 times
Simpsonville has nice huge unique homes all over....not just in subdivisions. Take a look on League. They are building a home that looks like a hotel on McKinley Dr. I'm always amazed at the huge houses I pass on the streets and back roads.

Here's a few subdivisions with beautiful homes. There is nothing cookie cutter about the houses there.

Southampton
Cobblestone
Riverwalk
Kingsbridge
Kilgore
Stonebrook Farm
Asheton
Highgrove Estates
Bruce Farm
McRae Park
Sycamore Ridge
Harrison Hills
Allegheny
Ricelan Plantation
The Columns
Asheton Springs
Sanibel Oaks
Fairview Woods
Stonehaven
Weatherstone
Asheton Lakes
Five Forks Plantation
Waverly Hall
Bennett's Grove
Holly Tree
Look at the houses around Fox Run Country Club.....gorgeous.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 06-08-2012 at 05:01 PM..

Old 06-08-2012, 08:36 PM

288 posts, read 948,709 times
And we have our very own Farmer's Market. Saturday from 8 am-noon. Starts tomorrow at the city park.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:38 PM

288 posts, read 948,709 times
I'll also add Holly Trace to the list. When the neighborhood was built 20 years ago, part of the covenants dictated that all the houses had to be unique. There are no duplicate floor plans or exteriors. Several custom builders worked on the houses. Now, it's a great, mature neighborhood with huge trees and plenty of wildlife around.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:19 PM

113 posts, read 244,723 times
Default Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I kind of get tired of people describing Simpsonville as having a bunch of cookie cutter homes and not much else to offer.

I love it here. You're still close enough to Greenville downtown if you want to go yet you're more in the country with the rolling hills, beautiful homes, horses, cows, winding roads, etc.

I used to work at a high stress job off of Woodruff Rd. and Butler. I would take the country Rds home and it just relaxed me from a day of stress. I enjoy living more in the country.

Sure we have cookie cutter homes, but so do most towns. Evidently people don't mind them because they sure are being lived in.

I don't think Simpsonville has more cookie cutter homes than anywhere else does.

We have more beautiful huge homes all over. I've never seen so many gorgeous homes. I think those that describe Simpsonville as cookie cutter haven't really taken the time to really drive around. There is more to Simpsonville than what's on Fairview and around Five Forks. It's really a nice area. We have all the amenities close by without having to drive to Greenville yet Greenville is just a hop skip and jump away.

One day I went a different way driving around Simpsonville and just kind of got lost but I discovered beautiful roads I never knew existed. I was in awe. Before you put down Simpsonville, spend some time there and drive around on some of the back roads. I've been living here 7 years and still discovering little gems off the beaten path.

I don't have any issue with the traffic either. It's just normal. Traffic on Woodruff Rd. doesn't really get bad until you hit Feaster Rd. where the BI-LO is. Sure there is traffic on Fairview but what town doesn't have traffic in the main area? Even with the heavier traffic, it really isn't an issue or that much a bother.

There's more to the upstate than just Downtown Greenville.
Cookie cutter homes everywhere. And worse...one neighborhood right after the next. Overbuilt. Sprawl.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:24 PM

113 posts, read 244,723 times
Default Right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Simpsonville has nice huge unique homes all over....not just in subdivisions. Take a look on League. They are building a home that looks like a hotel on McKinley Dr. I'm always amazed at the huge houses I pass on the streets and back roads.

Here's a few subdivisions with beautiful homes. There is nothing cookie cutter about the houses there.

Southampton
Cobblestone
Riverwalk
Kingsbridge
Kilgore
Stonebrook Farm
Asheton
Highgrove Estates
Bruce Farm
McRae Park
Sycamore Ridge
Harrison Hills
Allegheny
Ricelan Plantation
The Columns
Asheton Springs
Sanibel Oaks
Fairview Woods
Stonehaven
Weatherstone
Asheton Lakes
Five Forks Plantation
Waverly Hall
Bennett's Grove
Holly Tree
Look at the houses around Fox Run Country Club.....gorgeous.
I guess the fact that you named all these subdivision proves my point...it's just one subdivision after the next. So many! One right after the other! But if you are happy there...that's the most important thing. Didn't mean to disrespect...

Old 06-09-2012, 10:32 PM

5,484 posts, read 8,315,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GvegasProud View Post
I guess the fact that you named all these subdivision proves my point...it's just one subdivision after the next. So many! One right after the other! But if you are happy there...that's the most important thing. Didn't mean to disrespect...
That's because it's a hot area! Trust me, I know.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GvegasProud View Post
I was thinking the same thing...

Old 06-10-2012, 09:25 AM

10,074 posts, read 7,754,937 times
I was trying to prove a point that there are areas to live in Simpsonville that don't have these 'cookie cutter' homes. There are areas in Simpsonville that don't consist of every home looking like their neighbors.

But there are some cookie cutter home subdivisions throughout the upstate...not just Simpsonville.

My list was an example of some of the areas without cookie cutter houses. Those neighborhoods I listed have beautiful unique homes. Of course Simsponville has neighborhoods/subdivisions. What area doesn't? There are neighborhoods/subdivisions all over the upstate.....even around the downtown area. I could make a list as long as the list I made above for any area in the upstate.

Where do y'all expect all these people moving to the Greenville area to live?

There will be more and more subdivisions being built with the continuing growth....not just in Simpsonville.

Anyway, again it's ok if Simpsonville isn't your area of choice. I love it here. I used to live nearer to town but like it so much better out here. That's just my personal choice. I can understand why others would prefer to live downtown or elsewhere. There are a lot of nice areas.

But like redcliffe says, Simpsonville is a hot area right now. Evidently a lot of other people are finding out about Simpsonville and prefer to call it home so there are quite a few people that would say Simpsonville is more than just 'cookie cutter' homes.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 06-10-2012 at 10:21 AM..

Old 06-10-2012, 03:52 PM

I don't think anyone is saying Simpsonville is the ONLY area with cookie cutter homes, as a matter of fact I live in what might be considered a cookie cutter subdivision in Easley and i'm fine with it.

Simpsonville seems to have a lot of these homes, its something people might want to know about when they consider the area. I don't think its necessarily a bad thing, it fills a need. you seem to be bothered by it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area