Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 01:55 PM

10,074 posts, read 7,754,937 times

Advertisements

I kind of get tired of people describing Simpsonville as having a bunch of cookie cutter homes and not much else to offer.

I love it here. You're still close enough to Greenville downtown if you want to go yet you're more in the country with the rolling hills, beautiful homes, horses, cows, winding roads, etc.

I used to work at a high stress job off of Woodruff Rd. and Butler. I would take the country Rds home and it just relaxed me from a day of stress. I enjoy living more in the country.

Sure we have cookie cutter homes, but so do most towns. Evidently people don't mind them because they sure are being lived in.

I don't think Simpsonville has more cookie cutter homes than anywhere else does.

We have more beautiful huge homes all over. I've never seen so many gorgeous homes. I think those that describe Simpsonville as cookie cutter haven't really taken the time to really drive around. There is more to Simpsonville than what's on Fairview and around Five Forks. It's really a nice area. We have all the amenities close by without having to drive to Greenville yet Greenville is just a hop skip and jump away.

One day I went a different way driving around Simpsonville and just kind of got lost but I discovered beautiful roads I never knew existed. I was in awe. Before you put down Simpsonville, spend some time there and drive around on some of the back roads. I've been living here 7 years and still discovering little gems off the beaten path.

I don't have any issue with the traffic either. It's just normal. Traffic on Woodruff Rd. doesn't really get bad until you hit Feaster Rd. where the BI-LO is. Sure there is traffic on Fairview but what town doesn't have traffic in the main area? Even with the heavier traffic, it really isn't an issue or that much a bother.

There's more to the upstate than just Downtown Greenville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 02:43 PM

5,484 posts, read 8,315,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Grayce View Post
Simpsonville is great...if you like vinal houses built in cow pastures but I do love you Diddlydudette.
I'd be glad to prove you wrong. Lol

Old 06-08-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Grayce View Post
Simpsonville is great...if you like vinal houses built in cow pastures but I do love you Diddlydudette.
Where in the area do you live?

Old 06-08-2012, 03:16 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
You're right OP. Simpsonville isn't just cookie cutter homes. It also has Walmart. The cows, horses, and rolling hills you currently enjoy will all be gone by 2020 to make way for even more sprawl and traffic sadly. This is already happening heavily on West Georgia Road and near Target. It will happen in other areas also like Sleasy, Poodersville, Geer, Moldin, Rested Traveler, etc. That's the way it goes in a growing/thriving area.

Last edited by g-man430; 06-08-2012 at 03:29 PM..

Old 06-08-2012, 03:45 PM

Nothing but a bunch of city slickers in this forum. lol

That's ok. Y'all just stick to the downtown area. Less people in Simpsonville the better.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Nothing but a bunch of city slickers in this forum. lol

That's ok. Y'all just stick to the downtown area. Less people in Simpsonville the better.
You do realize Simpsonville is experiencing heavy growth don't you?

Old 06-08-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
You do realize Simpsonville is experiencing heavy growth don't you?
Unfortunately yes.

I've seen some of the open fields sold to developers. Cows & horses are gone and ugly houses reside.

We still have lots of pretty country in the area though.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Unfortunately yes.

I've seen some of the open fields sold to developers. Cows & horses are gone and ugly houses reside.

We still have lots of pretty country in the area though.
So, do you believe the growth is going to stop? Simpsonville is a product of Greenville. Close proximity is why it will continue to grow.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:12 PM

All I'm saying is that I like Simpsonville the way it is now. I'm pro Simpsonville. I enjoy living here. I just want to take up for Simpsonville when others say it's nothing but cookie cutter homes. It's a nice area to live.

That's all I was saying. I know plenty others that enjoy living here also. That's all. If it's not for everyone, then that's fine. I understand that some people will rather live where the city action is. Everyone has different likes, but I did want to say Simpsonville is more than the cookie cutter homes.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:15 PM

I understand. I live here too. Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area