Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 10:15 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times

Advertisements

Fedex always rings the bell, UPS does not. I buy most of my stuff from Amazon and they notify me by text as soon as my package is delivered (usually within seconds), so that's pretty cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 02:54 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesc View Post
Oh geez! If only Greenville had something constructive for teenagers to do, this would not be an issue!
Why can't they just play with the other kids in the neighborhood like kids used to in the 60's and 70's and 80's? Why does the city have to be responsible? Their parents should be. Why can't they do their homework, go to the library or play sports or something?

Old 06-17-2012, 07:29 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
Suggestion: If you get alot of UPS/Fed Ex packages, it might benefit you to rent a mail-box. That way all your packages are signed for, delivered and secure until you arrive

Old 06-18-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Suggestion: If you get alot of UPS/Fed Ex packages, it might benefit you to rent a mail-box. That way all your packages are signed for, delivered and secure until you arrive
They won't deliver to a Post Office P.O. Box. They will only deliver to one of those private mail centers where you pay 3x as much for a mailbox rental.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:32 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,841,374 times
I work for a shipping company. You are always welcome to request delivery to a specific location at your house(i.e. back porch, behind chair, garage, etc.) or you can pickup at our location. in order for that to happen of course you either have to get the shipper to communicate that information or you have to call the facility before the package arrives.

Also you can request signature upon delivery, which would ensure that the package is not left on the doorstep, but also does not allow the driver to leave the package without someone being there. I do not deal with the money side of things, but I believe there is an additional charge for that service.

Fortunately in most cases packages are covered by insurance, which makes it easy for the shipper to submit a claim and get another package shipped out immediately.

Unfortunately we do not deliver to mailboxes that are not our own or third party, you are correct on that one. I think its kind of silly, considering we do shipping for the postal service anyway. I don't know if the postal service doesn't allow it or if its just against our policy.

Last edited by NoodlesKnowles; 06-18-2012 at 01:43 PM..

Old 06-18-2012, 05:11 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
They won't deliver to a Post Office P.O. Box. They will only deliver to one of those private mail centers where you pay 3x as much for a mailbox rental.
Just so you know, I pay $8 a month for a postal box from Pak Mail on Woodruff Road.

They sign for all my packages and I have never had an issue with any company refusing to mail a package, to my mail box.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:43 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,524,243 times
Quote:
Just so you know, I pay $8 a month for a postal box from Pak Mail on Woodruff Road.

They sign for all my packages and I have never had an issue with any company refusing to mail a package, to my mail box.
We rented one when we moved down here at then Mailboxes Etc. (now UPS Store). It was nice because both cars were packed full and we had some straggler boxes we were able to mail to them and they kept them till we got here. Now, they aren't setup to store your whole house, but a few boxes wasn't a problem. In hindsight, I wish we'd sent more to them so we didn't have to unpack all of that at each town we stopped in.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:

Yes. I know. Pak-mail is one of those private companies I was talking about.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:29 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,529,042 times
I had to laugh today... UPS guy delivered a box... put my door mat on top of it, I guess in a failed attempt to hide it. To me, it brings more attention to my front door to see the stiff door mat leaning against the wall at an odd angle than to just leave the box in the corner.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:33 AM

506 posts, read 1,222,429 times
Best bet is to have your packages delivered to wherever you work, IF you work somewhere that can accept packages for you. That's what I do, helps a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area