Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 05:30 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto7SC View Post
No, I don't hate you. I simple think that your views on things are ignorant and intolerant. I hate hate and I do not tolerate intolerance. Live and let let live as long as nobody gets hurt or has to do anything they don't want to do. Let their "sins" be their "sins". Btw, I don't believe that they are sinners (whatever that means anyway).
But you fail to see the irony of your post; you only "tolerate" people that agree with you. Where's the nobility in that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
When you use your resources to deny gays the ability to marry one another via legislation and/or social policies you are a hate group and anti-gay.

I don't know you, but from your comments in this thread I would most likely not be too fond of you as a person if I did.
Supporting traditional marriage is not anti gay; disagreement does not equal hate. At least you're honest about hating me simply because I disagree with you. I am saddened by your intolerance, but respect your right to be so.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:33 PM

477 posts, read 840,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
But you fail to see the irony of your post; you only "tolerate" people that agree with you. Where's the nobility in that?
Not really. But I do not like that Christian groups want to prevent gay people from getting married and declare them sinners. Mind your own damn business. They do not tell you how to live.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:35 PM

422 posts, read 486,557 times
Quote:
Supporting traditional marriage is not anti gay; disagreement does not equal hate. At least you're honest about hating me simply because I disagree with you. I am saddened by your intolerance, but respect your right to be so.
Pursuing legislation and social policies that deny gays the ability to marry is anti-gay. There is no way around that.

Get over yourself, I never said I hate you. What I did say is from your comments I would most likely not be fond of you as person. Reading comprehension is fundamental.

Last edited by AddaVisser; 08-01-2012 at 05:47 PM..

Old 08-01-2012, 05:49 PM

55 posts, read 140,864 times
Wow...I could not believe how many people came out to support freedom of speech. The Chick fil-a near me was jam packed with people in the drive thru and folks waiting just to get in!

Old 08-01-2012, 05:49 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,539,296 times
Please people, PLEASE!! A little perspective here... Western civilization is going down the toilet - this issue is the LEAST of our worries!

Old 08-01-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto7SC View Post
Not really. But I do not like that Christian groups want to prevent gay people from getting married and declare them sinners. Mind your own damn business. They do not tell you how to live.

WHAT?!?!?!?!? That's exactly what you guys on the left do do. Act like us, think like us and vote like us or we will call you a "hater" bigot" "racist", etc. In this very thread everyone of you on the far left are telling me exactly how I should live. How can you not see your own ironic double standard?

Gman's got it right; he supports gay marriage, but also understands that stifling free speech and demonizing anyone that has differeing opinions is UnAmerican.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
Pursuing legislation and social policies that deny gays the ability to marry is anti-gay. There is no way around that.

Get over yourself, I never said I hate you. What I did say is from your comments I would most likely not be fond of you as person. Reading comprehension is fundamental.
Okay, I'll flip it around. Redefining marriage to fit an agenda is Anti-Taditional Marriage. You want to redefine marriage. There is no way to get around that. As for your other insults, you yet again prove my point about hateful leftists. For some reason you guys are virtually incapable of making a point without insulting the other person.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Please people, PLEASE!! A little perspective here... Western civilization is going down the toilet - this issue is the LEAST of our worries!
I would argue the exact opposite. When one group of people tells another group, "You better think like us, act like us and vote like us, or we will destroy you. We will call you hater, racist, bigot, etc." That is very, very scary and a slippery slope that we are one.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:02 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Quote:
Gman's got it right; he supports gay marriage, but also understands that stifling free speech and demonizing anyone that has differeing opinions is UnAmerican.
You got it. The reason I am supporting Chick-Fil-A is because they are standing up for what they believe in and not caving in to what the media wants them to. I respect that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area