Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 07:15 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times

Advertisements

I ate at Tablefields today and was pretty impressed. I hope other things on the menu were as good as what I had and that people find out about it and go! It seems reasonably priced and the menu was interesting and the ingredients tasted like they came right out of the garden! I almost couldn't believe it! ( The only complaint I had was that they don't filter their drinking water so I assume you are getting the full complement of organic chemicals and fluoride in all the beverages or water you get that are made there which is a shame. )

Try it and see what you think the next time you are headed to Bed Bath and Beyond or the Christmas Tree Shoppe or Sears Outlet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 06:01 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,544,553 times
How would you describe the atmosphere/decor? Is it modern, rustic, brightly lit, intimate, etc?

From what I hear, Greenville has some of the best "city" water in the country. I don't worry so much about that evil flouride, etc. Been drinking tap water for 48 years, and am no worse for the wear so far.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
How would you describe the atmosphere/decor? Is it modern, rustic, brightly lit, intimate, etc?

From what I hear, Greenville has some of the best "city" water in the country. I don't worry so much about that evil flouride, etc. Been drinking tap water for 48 years, and am no worse for the wear so far.

The atmosphere immediately reminded me of an Atlanta Bread Company except there was an area with a fireplace and sofas (maybe like something like Panera Bread). It is very clean, modern minimalist inside but still inviting. It wasn't too brightly lit. It was just lit by the natural light coming in from the windows it seemed. They close at 8 or 9PM I think so it isn't a place where you'd go and hang out at night. They have some food items and things for sale on the wall displayed kind of like most Starbucks do. They also have a liquor license or at least sell wine and beer. I noticed some sort of wine kiosk where you could actually taste the wines before deciding what you wanted I guess.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:09 PM

May have my team at work try that for lunch sometime!

Old 08-10-2012, 02:48 PM

826 posts, read 1,126,074 times
Went there for lunch today with my wife. I had the stout beer burger which was quite good. They use a few different cuts beef in the burgers so it had good flavor. The wife had the shrimp and grits which were good as well.

The menu has a good range of food and I found the prices to be good for the quality of food. Everything looked to be under $8. I'm probably going to try a pizza next time as they looked be a good size for the price. The fountain drinks are also all sweetened with cane sugar, can't remember the name of the company now though. The beer selection looked pretty good as well. We'll definitely be back.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:09 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
I could have sworn I read somewhere that Tablefields was going to be a local farm to table restaurant. Glad to see the restaurant getting positive reviews also. Looking forward to trying it.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I could have sworn I read somewhere that Tablefields was going to be a local farm to table restaurant. :
The name certainly lends itself to that.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:12 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,650,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I could have sworn I read somewhere that Tablefields was going to be a local farm to table restaurant. Glad to see the restaurant getting positive reviews also. Looking forward to trying it.
Rooster is going to be on Main Street at NoMa Plaza and is supposed to be farm to table and I think it is local.

Isn't this restaurant owned by Fatz? I heard Tablefields and Tavern 24 were two new concepts that they are trying. Someone shed some light on this.

It sounds like I will have to try them out. Might go have dinner there tomorrow.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:05 PM

5,490 posts, read 8,321,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
Rooster is going to be on Main Street at NoMa Plaza and is supposed to be farm to table and I think it is local.

Isn't this restaurant owned by Fatz? I heard Tablefields and Tavern 24 were two new concepts that they are trying. Someone shed some light on this.

It sounds like I will have to try them out. Might go have dinner there tomorrow.
Yes, they are owned by the parent company of Fatz.

Old 08-12-2012, 03:48 PM

Glad people are trying it and liking it. It is nice to know that it isn't already just part of another big chain. I hope they can perfect the concept and take time doing in before they try to make a killing selling franchises everywhere. I DO think they should invest in a water filtration system though.

I just changed my multi-stage ultra carb Doulton water filter in my kitchen and the dark brown color and amount of toxins and organic chemicals on the side of the filter disgusted me. These were contaminants from municipal water - mind you. but to be fair, I hadn't changed it since before I moved here from Charleston so some of it was from filtering that water.

Still if I owned the restaurant, putting in a good water filter would be one of the first things I would have done. It would make EVERYTHING made with water ie Tea and Coffee and even things boiled in the water like Pasta, taste better and be a LOT more healthful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area