U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2007, 03:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,271 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to buy a house for future retirement, and plan to rent it for now. I've looked at new houses in Greer and Simpsonville. I know there are new houses in Greer such as Tower Home, Chartwell Estate where Riverside is the home school. Also I've looked at Gilder Chase in Simpsonville which is also in a good school district. Any comment about these two developments would be appreciated. There are so many new houses around Greenville and I'm just wondering which city is best for investing. I'm looking for places where high rental demand and good neighborhood. Being good school district would be my preference.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2007, 01:07 AM

609 posts, read 1,407,629 times
what do you want in looking for your retirement home?

Greenville's got a slump in selling homes right now so it's a good time to buy

tip #1 i can give today:
The US economy is in a slump so I'd definitely reccomend making sure you get the best interest rate you can find first. Even think about NACA, FHA, or HUD if you can.

Old 10-06-2007, 07:21 AM

8,857 posts, read 17,455,857 times
I doubt if you are buying a retirement you'll qualify for any of the programs mentioned above. Secondly, you should go ahead and get pre-qualified up front so you know your monthly payments. Your rates will be higher on retirement/second home and you want to make sure you can rent to cover your expenses if that's a concern. It's possible that you may have to put down 5 or 10% but the mortgage lender you talk to will go over options for second homes.

A local property manager can let you know what you can get for a rental in the areas you are considering and a real estate agent can give you the areas that are growing and gaining equity the fastest to help protect your investment long term. The agent can also help you find something with the amenities nearby that you are looking for.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:56 AM

5,408 posts, read 13,320,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPWY View Post
...Being good school district would be my preference.

Thanks.
Riverside High School is definitely one of the very best to be near in Greenville.

Old 10-06-2007, 03:26 PM

10,072 posts, read 19,950,058 times
^^It's also LEED certified too.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:45 PM

50 posts, read 205,316 times
how much money doyou want to spend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area