Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2012, 01:06 PM

16 posts, read 27,335 times

Advertisements

We are new to the Greenville area and are just wondering if there are any non-smoking, family friendly restaurants in town that show multiple NFL games at one time? We are ready for some football!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 03:39 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,538,206 times
All public establishments within the Greenville city limits (which includes the ones in/around The Shops at Greenridge on Woodruff Rd) are non-smoking. Places I can recommend are Carolina Ale House (locations downtown and Woodruff Rd), Buffalo Wild Wings, Liberty Tap Room in the West End, Tavern 24 on Woodruff Rd. There are LOTS of places in the area with numerous screens on with various sporting events on all the time.

BTW - While Chief's on Congaree Rd is not necessarily family-friendly, they DO have the requisite screens showing sporting events and arguably the BEST wing sauce on Planet Earth. It's kinda spicy, kinda molassess-y. Pure heaven!

Last edited by Made_it_To_the_Metroplex; 09-09-2012 at 04:33 PM..

Old 09-09-2012, 04:29 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,217,388 times
Across the upstate, Fatz Cafe and Applebee's have televisions around the bar area that air games.

I think Wild Ace Pizza in Greer would have televisions.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:41 AM

16 posts, read 27,335 times
Thanks for the responses. So many great sounding places to choose from that we have yet to try. We might even try to find some "Ravens Nation" fan gatherings next!

Old 09-10-2012, 02:29 PM

723 posts, read 1,148,701 times
This is exactly the market that the owners of Fatz wanted to reach when they converted the Fatz on Woodruff Rd. to Tavern 24. I've only been once, but the food was okay.

One recommendation I would make might surprise you at first: Macs Speed Shop in Greenville's West End, across from Fluor Field. Mac's is a biker-themed barbecue restaurant out of Charlotte that, like Tavern 24, is specifically targeted at families, despite the images that might be conjured by the phrase "biker themed."

A third possibility you might try is Quaker Steak & Lube, AKA "The Lube," 10 Chrome Dr., just off Garlington across from the GE plant. The concept is "...a family friendly restaurant with a motor-themed atmosphere." Metromix Greenville says, "...don't confuse this place with a biker bar — families, couples and friends sit at the tables enjoying wings and more." Avoid it on Wednesdays, however, as that is Bike Night and the Harleys are swarming like bees on honeycomb.

Other options you might try:

Wild Wing Cafe, W. Washington St.
Sky Sports, 219 N. Main St. (next door to Blue Ridge Brewing Co.)

Old 09-10-2012, 02:37 PM

723 posts, read 1,148,701 times
You also might try Rafferty's on Congaree Rd. at Halton. I just can't remember how many video displays they have.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:19 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,538,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyricamphibian View Post
You also might try Rafferty's on Congaree Rd. at Halton. I just can't remember how many video displays they have.
I knew I was forgetting one (that we like)! They redid the interior a year or so back, and added quite a few screens, but they may be limited to the bar area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area