Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 04:02 PM

106 posts, read 149,895 times

Advertisements

I heard today from a General Contractor that he is preparing a bid for a restaurant at W. Ga. and Stenhouse but he would not be more specific. He said it will be made public once they have the land under contract and seek permits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 09:01 AM

34 posts, read 64,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandSpec2 View Post
I heard today from a General Contractor that he is preparing a bid for a restaurant at W. Ga. and Stenhouse but he would not be more specific. He said it will be made public once they have the land under contract and seek permits.
That would be great. That is one of the main things missing from W. Georgia Rd. No where to eat. Always have to go to Fairview. Keep us posted.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:40 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,217,388 times
I would be curious to see what restaurant may go up. A wait staff restaurant would be okay. Any quick service restaurant would be better utilized near Interstate 385.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:45 AM

5,484 posts, read 8,314,426 times
My question about all of this is, why build so far down the road when you have land available right near the interstate? It is also a wider portion of street. Traffic is going to choke that 2 lane road.

Old 03-13-2015, 12:54 PM

9,492 posts, read 9,801,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I would be curious to see what restaurant may go up. A wait staff restaurant would be okay. Any quick service restaurant would be better utilized near Interstate 385.
I would like to see a local or regional establishment rather than a chain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
My question about all of this is, why build so far down the road when you have land available right near the interstate? It is also a wider portion of street. Traffic is going to choke that 2 lane road.
I'm wondering that myself. They will have to widen the road a bit in front of the new Neighborhood Market to allow a left turn lane.

At evening rush hour, that intersection is very busy already.

Old 03-13-2015, 01:50 PM

477 posts, read 840,446 times
I know it is not going to happen but I would love to have a Trader Joe's on West Georgia Road if they really have to add new businesses.

Old 03-13-2015, 05:14 PM

143 posts, read 217,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandSpec2 View Post
I speak regularly with most of the land owners at that intersection and nobody has mentioned that. We shall see.

Old 03-14-2015, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandBroker48 View Post
I speak regularly with most of the land owners at that intersection and nobody has mentioned that. We shall see.
I contacted two of the three corner holders at that intersection last night. They both said they had no idea of any restaurant coming. There is an out parcel connected with the Walmart that may be used. If that is the location there will be no further need for road change other than what is already being planned. The only other location available there would be the empty lot behind the BP. There is no sewer there so that may be a hard sell. Have a great day.

Old 03-14-2015, 11:31 AM

Just found out this morning that there are 20 more acres being annexed into the city of Simpsonville near the GHS medical center. I have heard rumors of a new apartment complex coming and this may be it.

Old 03-14-2015, 01:06 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,217,388 times
The nearest parcel with 20.5 acres near the Greenville Health System affiliated practices would be 1424 West Georgia Road, Simpsonville, South Carolina 29680-6305. ("Greenville County, South Carolina - Property Report: PIN/Tax Map #0574040101000.") Is this the parcel that is being annexed? Are any adjacent parcels being annexed also?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area