U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 02:49 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,657,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrocker View Post
YES! My wife and I are waiting for the day that B&N goes up over here. The Shops at Gridlock and Haywood Rd. are places we do not like to go. Put it right on the corner of Grandview and Harrison Bridge Rd....along with a Panda Express and Jimmy Johns.
A developer is looking at that site but nothing serious yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 06:45 PM

1,709 posts, read 2,428,516 times
just noticed some new roof tops lately over there on west georgia road down from river shoals and morning mist. forget the name of the development but it had been sitting vacant i swear for a few years until now.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:34 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,657,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
just noticed some new roof tops lately over there on west georgia road down from river shoals and morning mist. forget the name of the development but it had been sitting vacant i swear for a few years until now.
That development was started by a friend of mine just before the big down turn. I talked to him recently and he said that he has sold several lots to independent contractors that are building spec homes.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:51 PM

4,467 posts, read 4,362,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
The developer clear cut every single tree in that development, it's disgusting and shameful.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:42 PM

9,600 posts, read 18,227,713 times
Is this the development next to the fire station?

Old 10-08-2012, 08:29 PM

4,467 posts, read 4,362,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Is this the development next to the fire station?
Yes

Old 10-08-2012, 10:28 PM

116 posts, read 117,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
The developer clear cut every single tree in that development, it's disgusting and shameful.
It's disgusting that clear cutting seems to be the norm around here. I can understand that not all trees can be saved when planning a development (especially "junk" trees like sweetgum), but each time I come back to the area, it just makes me feel ill what they've taken away in exchange for growth.

One of my fathers co-workers was the one who built the house that had been on the hill right around there. I still remember it as it was with some beautiful old oak trees.

I do, however, think nothing could top the disgust I felt when I first saw the Shops at Greenridge. Even now I still think the whole place is hideous.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:14 AM

794 posts, read 1,044,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolet View Post
It's disgusting that clear cutting seems to be the norm around here. I can understand that not all trees can be saved when planning a development (especially "junk" trees like sweetgum), but each time I come back to the area, it just makes me feel ill what they've taken away in exchange for growth.

One of my fathers co-workers was the one who built the house that had been on the hill right around there. I still remember it as it was with some beautiful old oak trees.

I do, however, think nothing could top the disgust I felt when I first saw the Shops at Greenridge. Even now I still think the whole place is hideous.
Yea, 200+ quality trees maintained properly are completely hideous!

Old 10-09-2012, 11:04 AM

5,681 posts, read 8,813,865 times
Regarding Greenridge, I would agree when it was first built, but now that the planted trees & other landscaping are beginning to mature, I'm liking the way it's turning out. Lovely at this time of year!

Old 10-09-2012, 12:18 PM

288 posts, read 748,808 times
Greenridge is actually fairly attractive. But it sure would have been nice to have created a more pedestrian-friendly environment. Want to walk from Lowes to World Market? Forget it! We walked from Lowes to Mimi's and about got killed. There's a similar shopping area in Charlotte, except the stores are arranged so that there is parking behind each (in case you're buying something large) but all the storefronts face sidewalks and a common area where they have events. It is also designed with traffic circles, which keeps things flowing. If developers have a huge space and the opportunity to plan something sensibly, it is so irritating when they don't. Greenridge, like just about every other place around here is designed for the all-mighty car and people who don't want to walk more than a few feet to get inside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area