U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-18-2012, 01:22 PM
 
3,940 posts, read 5,477,531 times
Reputation: 1350

Advertisements

What ever happened with the shopping development that was supposed to happen on West Georgia near I385? The land was cleared years ago. Is this still on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-18-2012, 01:37 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
5,681 posts, read 9,085,309 times
Reputation: 1884
Well, there's a very attractive nearly-empty strip center up the hill from that intersection (on what I call the "Simpsonville" side of the intersection). I sure hope that takes off in the near future - maybe some new-to-the-area restaurants on outparcels or something like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2012, 01:59 PM
 
3,940 posts, read 5,477,531 times
Reputation: 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Well, there's a very attractive nearly-empty strip center up the hill from that intersection (on what I call the "Simpsonville" side of the intersection). I sure hope that takes off in the near future - maybe some new-to-the-area restaurants on outparcels or something like that.
What do you call the other side of the intersection?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2012, 02:23 PM
 
1,016 posts, read 1,705,229 times
Reputation: 342
There never was a planned development. The only parcel ever sold was to Spinx.
The development or strip mall on Kemet Drive you mention is headed to foreclosure. I had an appraiser call me several months ago asking for a BPO on it. It is in a terrible location.
My thoughts for the next development along West Georgia will be near E. Standing Springs Rd. when the new intersection is completed next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2012, 02:31 PM
 
3,940 posts, read 5,477,531 times
Reputation: 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvidu View Post
There never was a planned development. The only parcel ever sold was to Spinx.
The development or strip mall on Kemet Drive you mention is headed to foreclosure. I had an appraiser call me several months ago asking for a BPO on it. It is in a terrible location.
My thoughts for the next development along West Georgia will be near E. Standing Springs Rd. when the new intersection is completed next year.
Ouch. What about the land before you reach Food Lion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2012, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
5,681 posts, read 9,085,309 times
Reputation: 1884
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
What do you call the other side of the intersection?
The "rural" side maybe??? It's just an easy way for me to describe it (I'm a very simple person)...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2012, 04:24 PM
 
1,016 posts, read 1,705,229 times
Reputation: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
Ouch. What about the land before you reach Food Lion?
That was purchased by an real estate investment group years ago when the state sold the prison property. The drug store franchise on the corner is owned by a guy in California and one lot was sold to Spinx. Other than those two I know of no other property sales for that parcel of land.
Just for history sake, that used to be the McGill farm years ago. Where Food Lion is used to be the Patton farm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2012, 06:35 PM
 
3,940 posts, read 5,477,531 times
Reputation: 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvidu View Post
That was purchased by an real estate investment group years ago when the state sold the prison property. The drug store franchise on the corner is owned by a guy in California and one lot was sold to Spinx. Other than those two I know of no other property sales for that parcel of land.
Just for history sake, that used to be the McGill farm years ago. Where Food Lion is used to be the Patton farm.
Interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 05:43 AM
 
Location: Upstate
5,030 posts, read 5,569,194 times
Reputation: 3143
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvidu View Post
That was purchased by an real estate investment group years ago when the state sold the prison property. The drug store franchise on the corner is owned by a guy in California and one lot was sold to Spinx. Other than those two I know of no other property sales for that parcel of land.
Just for history sake, that used to be the McGill farm years ago. Where Food Lion is used to be the Patton farm.
Was the state going to build a prison there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 11:17 AM
 
124 posts, read 158,688 times
Reputation: 74
I always thought a Barnes & Nobles or some other bookstore would do well in this area. Now all we really have are the books in Target and Walmart. My 2 yr old daughter can easily spend an hour or so in the play area at those book stores and it'd be nice not to have to drive all the way to Gville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top