Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2012, 06:43 PM

135 posts, read 291,828 times

Advertisements

Can someone help me out by directing me to a really great tattoo parlor near Greer please? Someone who has a good reputation for their employees and their art work. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 04:30 PM

827 posts, read 1,666,091 times
Well You will think i'm joking BUT on highway 29 in Wellford [just before the I 85] is a Gentlemen's club [i belive they call it the Panther Club] the girls there had some real good tats. They can tell U where they got em.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:12 AM

347 posts, read 976,513 times
I'd head to Spartanburg and check out the shops there - Look at the portfolios and meet the artists. Let them know you're scouting shops and give them the opportunity to show you their work (and this will give you a chance to see how professional they are... or aren't). Do this during the day if possible, when they are less busy and hopefully have some time to talk with you. If they treat you like they couldn't care less, then cross that place off your list and move on.
Personally, I want a tattoo artist that is eager to please.

Also take into account the tattoos the artist has, it MAY give you an idea as to their standards of quality.

Good luck and have fun!

Old 09-25-2012, 07:53 AM

131 posts, read 213,128 times
Do not limit yourself to someone near Greer just for convenience, be willing to drive a little if necessary. Otherwise you may get the best artist nearby but far from the best artist available if you drove 30 minutes.

Rex Barnes in Powdersville is good and personally I go to Robert Ashburn at the Liquid Dragon in Asheville. There is a guy on Asheville Hwy in Spartanburg named Tally (or something similar) who is supposed to be good. I have been to there shops and have seen their work and it is all good.

Try to see an actual example of their current work, not just their portfolio which may not be up to date. Also determine what style you want the tattoo done in because some artists prefer certain styles. A good artist can do any style but they will excel at one or two.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:40 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,816,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenvilleEngineer View Post
Do not limit yourself to someone near Greer just for convenience, be willing to drive a little if necessary. Otherwise you may get the best artist nearby but far from the best artist available if you drove 30 minutes.

Rex Barnes in Powdersville is good and personally I go to Robert Ashburn at the Liquid Dragon in Asheville. There is a guy on Asheville Hwy in Spartanburg named Tally (or something similar) who is supposed to be good. I have been to there shops and have seen their work and it is all good.

Try to see an actual example of their current work, not just their portfolio which may not be up to date. Also determine what style you want the tattoo done in because some artists prefer certain styles. A good artist can do any style but they will excel at one or two.
I agree with this poster, I have heard good things about Asheville, and I'm sure there are some amazing artists in Atlanta or Charlotte, being that they are major cities.

You may have a hard time finding a good artist you like around here because from what I understand, tattooing has just become legal here within the past 10 years, where it has been legal in most states for much longer. But I guess with the amount of transplants around here that might not matter.

I wouldn't take the word of anyone on the internet, I usually just ask people when I see a tattoo I like where they got it, and most ppl are happy to talk about their ink. Then again I am spoiled, If I want ink I have friends who are in the business that do amazing work.(not in SC)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area