Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 02:59 AM

68 posts, read 195,760 times

Advertisements

my friend told me today that there is a popeyes chicken in greenville.. i almost passed out. can anyone tell me if there is a popeyes in greenville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 04:05 AM

745 posts, read 2,233,177 times
Sorry- according to their website, the closest store is about 85 miles away. Still time to make it for lunch, though.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:02 AM

481 posts, read 864,904 times
Well, I am not from Greenville, but planning on moving up there very soon, and I am a Popeye's Chicken supporter through and through and I did find a Popeye's Chicken there in Greenville. Not trying to step on any toes though...lol...

45600 Augusta Rd, Greenville, SC
(864)299-1394

501 Easley Bridge Rd., Greenville, SC
(864) 269-5383

Hope this helps, and if I am wrong, then blame the internet...lol!

Old 10-03-2012, 06:03 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Michael View Post
Well, I am not from Greenville, but planning on moving up there very soon, and I am a Popeye's Chicken supporter through and through and I did find a Popeye's Chicken there in Greenville. Not trying to step on any toes though...lol...

(864)299-1394

(864) 269-5383

Where's your link? Because according to their official website, the closest two are in the 'burbs of Charlotte and Columbia:

Find A Popeyes | Popeyes

Old 10-03-2012, 06:13 AM

186 posts, read 358,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Michael View Post

(864)299-1394

(864) 269-5383

...I thought we were supposed to believe everything on the internet!
Nope - the location given for the Augusta Rd. "Popeyes" is an old strip mall at an intersection and 3 other empty corners. Unless they do auto repair, I don't think that's what we're looking for.

HOWEVER.... I did eat at Popeyes last week. It was on Canal Street in New Orleans, but let's not quibble over specifics.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:44 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,545,659 times
Bojangle's is the closest thing in this immediate area. Not bad at all - and I LOVE their biscuits!

Old 10-03-2012, 07:19 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
If there was a popeye's here, I'd be on it like red beans on rice. Actually, their red beans and rice is the only reason I go there.

Bojangles doesn't come close. There's something about the smell and taste of those biscuits that is off-putting to me. Add chicken to that, and I gag a bit. It must be an acquired taste because people from around here eat that crap up!

Old 10-03-2012, 07:57 AM

481 posts, read 864,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HailVictory View Post
...I thought we were supposed to believe everything on the internet!
Nope - the location given for the Augusta Rd. "Popeyes" is an old strip mall at an intersection and 3 other empty corners. Unless they do auto repair, I don't think that's what we're looking for.

HOWEVER.... I did eat at Popeyes last week. It was on Canal Street in New Orleans, but let's not quibble over specifics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Where's your link? Because according to their official website, the closest two are in the 'burbs of Charlotte and Columbia:

Find A Popeyes | Popeyes
Yeah, I guess your right, I called both numbers, and one was disconnected and the other one (Beasely Bridge Rd.) was Popeye's Car Wash...lol

Goes to say, never trust the internet....hahaha. My apologies to all...lol

BTW, I used to live in Louisiana for years, and is in my heritage as well. My son was born in Houma, LA, though we lived in Lafourche outside the City of Thibodaux off of Bayou Lafourche in Lafourche Parish. We miss Louisiana, the food, the fun, the fishing, and the seafood, among other things as well. Popeye's there has the real stuff compared to like the Popeye's here, but still good no matter what. Only other place would be Chick-Fil-A for me as per chicken...lol.

Again, my deepest apologies...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Bojangle's is the closest thing in this immediate area. Not bad at all - and I LOVE their biscuits!
Yep, Bo's is not bad, but definitely NOT Popeye's...lol

Old 10-03-2012, 08:41 AM

27 posts, read 51,045 times
I'm sorry, but if you want to enjoy a Popeyes you're going to have to go either to Atlanta, Charlotte, or Columbia. About a decade ago, there was at least one in each of the upstate cities, but they closed down, but they seem to be doing really well and have several locations in those other cities.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:09 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
I do not recall Popeye's ever coming into the upstate. If Popeye's is expanding into the area soon, then I am up for trying something different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area