U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 10:50 AM

2,878 posts, read 3,315,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopShotter View Post
I second Ike's as easily the best burger in Spartanburg.

I hope Lee's doesn't close, or move too far. Their chicken is fantastic...a move to the closed Jack-in-the-Box would be a good thing. The store is quite out-of-date - we rarely eat in.
Yea their chicken is quite good, and I was impressed with the large size portions of the chicken pieces. They were not cut small like other chains are now doing. But that old store is indeed outdated and in dire need of renovation. Hopefully they will eventually remodel or move to a new location, but not close down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 10:59 AM

15,815 posts, read 13,505,405 times
Lee's remains popular in Spartanburg to close. Relocating to a newer location in a more accessible location to continue serving up delicious chicken and foods would make sense.

Where is Ike's located? I need to try their burgers.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:02 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,799,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Apollo's House of Pizza, formerly located at Oak Forest Plaza on Reidville Road, has reopened in the former Pizza Inn on Warren H. Abernathy Highway.
Yes, right next to IHOP: there is now IHOP and AHOP!

Old 11-21-2012, 10:30 AM

177 posts, read 258,144 times
Quote:
Where is Ike's located? I need to try their burgers.
Ike's is at 104 Archer Road in Spartanburg...near the old Beaumont mill neighborhood, just across the tracks. Hands down, best burger in the Hub City, and the fresh-cut french fries are pretty hard to beat as well.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
Yes, right next to IHOP: there is now IHOP and AHOP!
Both restaurants are a short hop away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopShotter View Post
Ike's is at 104 Archer Road in Spartanburg...near the old Beaumont mill neighborhood, just across the tracks. Hands down, best burger in the Hub City, and the fresh-cut french fries are pretty hard to beat as well.
Ah, off Isom Street/Drayton Road I recall. I will try that out next week.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:34 AM

Red Bowl will open officially at Westgate Mall Saturday, 22 December.

Asian fusion coming to Spartanburg's WestGate Mall | GoUpstate.com

Old 12-02-2012, 09:14 AM

The Fresh Market's new store at Converse Plaza on East Main Street is nearing completion. Work on the interior is in its end stages. I think the relocation from Fernwood Drive may occur around February.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:50 PM

1,822 posts, read 2,241,367 times
Quote:
The Fresh Market's new store at Converse Plaza on East Main Street is nearing completion. Work on the interior is in its end stages. I think the relocation from Fernwood Drive may occur around February.
Knight- Fresh Market looked like it was going where the old Converse Theater was on the end closest to 29 last time I was over there. Am I correct or did it go in the former Harris Teeter on the other end?

Old 12-02-2012, 03:14 PM

9,734 posts, read 18,880,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Knight- Fresh Market looked like it was going where the old Converse Theater was on the end closest to 29 last time I was over there. Am I correct or did it go in the former Harris Teeter on the other end?
Converse theater site is where it's going.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Converse theater site is where it's going.
Converse Cinema was demolished to make way for the new freestanding Fresh Market. The location gives The Fresh Market the space it needs and visibility from the road.

The former Harris Teeter remains vacant. Bi-Lo used it briefly for its Food$mart concept. It lasted two years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area