Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 03:52 PM

5,490 posts, read 8,321,975 times

Advertisements

Who wants Dunkins dry behind donuts? Give Krispy any day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 04:31 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,860,796 times
QT's doughnuts (when morning fresh) beat both KK and DD.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:44 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,358,124 times
Publix also has good glazed doughnuts when fresh in the morning. I prefer them over Dunkin across the street on Woodruff Rd.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:53 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,544,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrocker View Post
Who am I kidding, if it's sweet and round, I will probably like it.
That is actually more the default position for most of us here, truth be known! lol

Old 10-15-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Publix also has good glazed doughnuts when fresh in the morning. I prefer them over Dunkin across the street on Woodruff Rd.
Agreed. Publix doughnuts are excellent!

I used to drive over to the Easley area on weekend mornings and get Caroline Creme. They were incredible. The location on 123 closed. Does anyone know if they had additional locations?

Old 10-15-2012, 05:28 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,572 posts, read 81,167,557 times
I have to agree that any donut is better than none, but there are still some better than others. When our first Krispy Kreme opened there were 3 hour lines. After about 6 months you can drive right up to the window. I do still go there this time of year for the pumpkin ones. We had a Dunkin but it went out of business back when the Bagel Craze came in the early 90s. I actually prefer Tim Horton's up the road in Canada over both. The best though, should you ever make it to the Seattle area, is a local chain called Top Pot. They are growing like crazy but still only in this area. They are huge, compared to the others and fantastic taste.

Cafe Info : Top Pot Hand-Forged Doughnuts

Old 10-15-2012, 05:41 PM

3 posts, read 3,969 times
Based on my experience of being in the back rooms of places with DD, I wouldn't ever eat anything from there. It also doesn't help that for the most part, their donuts are now delivered and not even made on site. I'm not a huge donut fan, but KK easily has them beat. And seriously, when it comes to who's coffee you prefer, it's mostly coming down to how much sugar is added whether it comes from the actual sugar added or the creamer used. It's practically a dessert with how most fast food places serve it.

I'm not a huge coffee drinker to begin with, but I'm really going to miss not having Wawa once I move down there.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:46 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,544,553 times
Don't care if DD are made on-site or not - I LOVE them and their larger selelction of types/flavors.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I have to agree that any donut is better than none, but there are still some better than others. When our first Krispy Kreme opened there were 3 hour lines. After about 6 months you can drive right up to the window. I do still go there this time of year for the pumpkin ones. We had a Dunkin but it went out of business back when the Bagel Craze came in the early 90s. I actually prefer Tim Horton's up the road in Canada over both. The best though, should you ever make it to the Seattle area, is a local chain called Top Pot. They are growing like crazy but still only in this area. They are huge, compared to the others and fantastic taste.

Cafe Info : Top Pot Hand-Forged Doughnuts
Top Pot are incredible!!! Love um! Can't agree about Tim Horton's though.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:33 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,245,104 times
Krispy Kreme is a regional favorite for delicious doughnuts. Krispy Kreme has taken a painstaking process to go beyond its single Greenville and Spartanburg locations for additional stores. I hope more Krispy Kreme stores are lined up for the entire upstate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area