Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2007, 02:00 PM

609 posts, read 1,619,341 times

Advertisements

What's some of your favorite restaurants in Greenville Metro?

I used to love going to McBees on Laurens Road as a kid for their lil turkey sandwiches and the McGhallager (sp?) burger special.

Moretti's in Mauldin.. He brought New York style pizza to Greenville. If you're from or been to NYC and know that special cheese that's at all the moms and pops restaurants out there... then stop on Butler road by i385 and try Morettis! Pizza is the best I have had in Greenville But I have not been to them all by far ... jsut comparing to the lil buffets, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, Dominoes, and a few other places

Chick-Fi-La (chain fast food)
Cooks food in p-nut oil... a plus but still with some minuses... But the food here is pretty good. I haven't yet looked up the ratings of this food chain's health value and contents but , you are what you eat, so i shall today while I remember

Staxx's:
I stopped in here once but I left due to the arrival of a guest. I saw a lot of people seemed to enjoy their food in there and I will definitely be returning.

the West Indian / Jerk food restaurant (small) in downtown Greenville:
If you're a person who knows / likes Carriben food then look no further than this one little spot in downtown Greenville. It's on the block of south mainstreet between Washington and McBee! It's somewhere I goto every now and then. If not aware of Jerk food, I'd reccomend to try it BUT be sure you know, this is Carribbean food, it's spicy!

If you know some HEALTHY, good restaurants, please highlight them in your post as something geared towards the health conscious...

I know I used to eat at a Zen Gardens in another city I lived in and not sure if Greenville has one, but would love to see one out here.

When I've had friends in town on business, it's funny how they all fall in love with Checkers and Sonics. I dont' eat there but I find those places to be newcomer's favorites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 02:40 PM

617 posts, read 2,571,875 times
I have a lot of favorite restaurants in Greenville, haha...so I guess I won't be naming them all. Some of my favorites are:

Overlook Grill (Main Street @ Falls Park)
Chicora Alley (Main Street above Spill the Beans)
Compadres (new tex-mex place down my West End Field)
The Blockhouse (Augusta Road)
Stax Original, Stax Peppermill, Stax Omega...they all have big menus and are great.
High Cotton (Main Street @ Riverplace)
Charlie's Steakhouse (Coffee Street, I think)
Mellow Mushroom (make sure you have plenty of time, it can take a while)

Honestly, I like most of the restaurants downtown. I've been pretty pleased with them all.

And since you mentioned a couple fast food places, I'll say that my favorites are Chick-fil-a, Sonic, Jack in the Box, and Hardees. I eat at jack in the box way too much!

Old 10-09-2007, 02:51 PM

Oh oh, if you like Caribbean food then you should take a trip up to Asheville someday and try Salsa's. I know it's not Greenville...but it's definitely good!

And to keep this on topic, I forgot a couple restaurants in the last post:

Chophouse '47 (great steakhouse over near Pelham)
Giovanni's (small Italian place on Woodruff Rd...slowly being put out of business by all of the other crappy restaurants)

Old 10-10-2007, 12:16 AM

609 posts, read 1,619,341 times
Salsa's.. wasn't that in downtown Greenville a short period?

And the Mellow Mushroom, i was thinking about going out there a few times but always bypass b/c of the parking situation around there. I'm lazy at times lol

that new grill/bar on the corner of the stadium entrance.. i see it's getting some nice crowds and music entertainment... what's it like?

Giovanni's.. they stay with a pretty large crowd.. I used to live in the apartments behind there for 2 years as my Greenville place when i would come back here from NY. another place I kind of bypassed

Bonefish.. they are getting rave reviews!

Old 10-10-2007, 08:28 AM

335 posts, read 1,180,934 times
We eat out way too much. But for a nice meal, our favorite by far is Soby's. You can always count on a great meal there!!!! The atmosphere is great too, and you don't even have to worry abot parking since they offer valet. For casual, I live FATZ. Wide menu variety!!!
Liz

Old 10-10-2007, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojones View Post
Salsa's.. wasn't that in downtown Greenville a short period?

And the Mellow Mushroom, i was thinking about going out there a few times but always bypass b/c of the parking situation around there. I'm lazy at times lol

that new grill/bar on the corner of the stadium entrance.. i see it's getting some nice crowds and music entertainment... what's it like?

Giovanni's.. they stay with a pretty large crowd.. I used to live in the apartments behind there for 2 years as my Greenville place when i would come back here from NY. another place I kind of bypassed

Bonefish.. they are getting rave reviews!
Nope, the place downtown was Salsarita's. That place wasn't too great IMO, but Salsa's is a pretty authentic Caribbean place. Of course you'd have to drive up to Asheville!

The place you're talking about by West End Field is Liberty Grill. I haven't eaten there yet, but did walk in to check it out one afternoon. It seems pretty nice and so far I've heard the food is great.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:52 PM

5,590 posts, read 15,371,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2y2r7o View Post
...The place you're talking about by West End Field is Liberty Grill. I haven't eaten there yet, but did walk in to check it out one afternoon. It seems pretty nice and so far I've heard the food is great.
Liberty Tap Room & Grill is indeed a fabulous place originating from Charleston-based TBonz Restaurant Group. It has a lively but cozy atmosphere along with great food and a large bar. I plan to visit often.

By the way, we already have a "Best places to eat in Greenville" thread with plenty of opinions posted so far. Why do we need a duplicate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area