Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 05:45 PM

170 posts, read 355,837 times

Advertisements

Grew up in a 5000 sq ft house which is small now. No matter if you have "help" it's a pain to keep up the house and yard. Never want to live in a big one again and am hoping to eventually move into somthing smaller than I have now when I find just the right thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 09:09 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,782,966 times
Maybe it's this guy's house: Ben Stein loves Greenville Nah.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:14 AM

106 posts, read 149,986 times
Default Local Dermatologist

Skin Cancer doc

Old 06-22-2013, 02:15 PM

10,079 posts, read 7,758,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameAlreadyTaken View Post
I haven't been down Roper Mt Road in a few years, so I haven't seen this one. However, maybe the crappy house will be torn down after the big one is done? Who knows?
Yep, they are moving the older house. I was on Roper Mtn today and they split the house in two and have 2 cranes getting ready to move it. One half was on one of the cranes already. Actually the older home wasn't bad looking at all. It was a nice ranch home.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:40 PM

285 posts, read 457,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Yep, they are moving the older house. I was on Roper Mtn today and they split the house in two and have 2 cranes getting ready to move it. One half was on one of the cranes already. Actually the older home wasn't bad looking at all. It was a nice ranch home.
I agree. I always thought the older home to be very mature and attractive and it stood out against the more modern stucco homes that saturate the area. Interesting how many properties on this stretch of Roper Mountain have went up for sale at the same time.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:45 AM

684 posts, read 1,185,979 times
Saw the old house on two trailers. Wonder what the cost analysis on relocation it would be. Seems like a lot of work to save.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:59 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,351,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
Start and run a business and invest. Can't get there working the daily grind.
Have been doing the daily grind in the service industry for over 20 years, and you are quite right you never seem to get ahead doing that. You just become worn out and never seem to get ahead. I have had some ideas for business opportunities over the years, but never the resources to do much about it. And because of my 3rd shift work schedule, my social life has become nonexistent. If I had it do to over again, I would have attempted to manage successful internships during my Furman years into more of a meaningful career. But at the time family members persuaded me to return to Concord, NC rather than pursue opportunities on Capitol Hill, despite congressional recommendations and White house contacts with Sec. Riley. Big mistake. With an interest in news and politics, plus journalism skills, working in DC for a few years would have been a better choice. But enough talk of mistakes of the past. Back to topic. All I need now is a small 2 bedroom house with some good closet space. And even that does not seem to be affordable. But more power to those who enjoy their mansions.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:11 PM

4,214 posts, read 6,902,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
Start and run a business and invest. Can't get there working the daily grind.
Not entirely true. If you're talking the daily grind as in menial wage jobs or so called "low-skilled" salary jobs without must chance for upward movement then you're right; however owning a business is far from the only way to be well-off. Lots of opportunities in high-paying industries - engineering comes to mind, especially in the consulting world. Opportunities for 6 figures nearly right out of school with lots of room for growth as an employee, not an owner.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:52 AM

23 posts, read 42,817 times
I've noticed the house on McKinney seems to be incomplete... still not done, and not much has changed in six months. Anybody know anything?

Old 10-08-2013, 03:17 PM

214 posts, read 300,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenvilleNativ View Post
I've noticed the house on McKinney seems to be incomplete... still not done, and not much has changed in six months. Anybody know anything?
It changed hands on 8/32/2013 to "Belle Terre, LLC" for over $4.5 million. The mailing address for the LLC appears to be a Mailbox Etc type place, but the exact box number has previously been affiliated with Donald Poynter/Poynter Investments.

I'm willing to guess it was a money flow problem that caused work to stop.

ETA - anyone know how the Anderson Ridge/Roper Mountain Rd house is coming along? I'm glad it's not mine - I'm not sure I'd ever be able to enjoy the yard/pond after the accident there last month.

Last edited by ultraviolet; 10-08-2013 at 03:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area