Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2012, 05:35 PM

5 posts, read 13,063 times

Advertisements

I have recently sold my downtown townhouse to be rid of two story structure. Currently i am renting while searching for one story condo or place maintenance free. Does anyone know about actually living in the Swansgate 55+community? I am well beyond 55. I do know the regime fee for the condos is a bit over $300 which is ok since there are elevators, pool, club house'etc. Other retirement communities are $680 [rolling green] to more than $2,000 month (near Furman]. I can not afford those.

Does anyone know if people in Swansgate are satisfied with management and living there? I cannot find one review on Google.

The Brio is not a retirement community but certainly maintenance free with regime also a bit over $300. Are any older folks living there? Reviews seem to be positive for The Brio.

I could really use any information or suggestions. It would be nice to be near downtown or Augusta Road area, both having much to offer.

This is possibly a final (sigh) move for me. I want to make a near correct decision.

I am all ears

Thanks for all responses.

Mims
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 08:25 AM

557 posts, read 860,177 times
Hi Mims70. Have you looked at Westminster Retirement Community. Here is a link to their website with good information about them. They are on Augusta Street. Westminster Independent Senior Living Community | SC

Old 11-13-2012, 06:39 AM

5 posts, read 13,063 times
Thanks for the reply. This retirement community is part of the Holiday chain. 300 of these semi-independent retirement facilities cover the US. The cost (last time I checked) is $1800 for a. Studio Apt and three meals. I believe it was $2500 for a one bedroom. I am not to the point of needing meals and on-site care. However, this would be an affordable consideration for those who do.
I still am trying to get a response from anyone who actually lives in Swansgate. ??
In the meantime I am enjoying renting a ground level apt at Shawdowbrook in Easley. It is 15 minutes from downtown Greenville and across from the new Walmart and growing mega shopping area hwy 123.
Thanks for any and all replies.

Old 11-02-2016, 03:46 PM

2 posts, read 2,860 times
We have lived in Swansgate for nearly 15 years and consider it one of Greenville's best kept secrets!!! Management is superb and life here is quiet, peaceful, and very enjoyable. You certainly won't find anything else close to downtown that offers so much for the money.

Right now (Nov. 1, 2016), there is one condo unit ($129,900) and one patio home ($295,000) on the market. Both properties have 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. Condo is a top-floor unit and so very quiet; it looks out over the pond. Patio home has a partial basement and is, naturally, a bit more spacious than the condo unit, but the price reflects that!

Even if the original poster here has already found something suitable, there may be others who are also interested in Swansgate.

Old 11-03-2016, 01:54 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,843,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantata View Post
We have lived in Swansgate for nearly 15 years and consider it one of Greenville's best kept secrets!!! Management is superb and life here is quiet, peaceful, and very enjoyable. You certainly won't find anything else close to downtown that offers so much for the money.

Right now (Nov. 1, 2016), there is one condo unit ($129,900) and one patio home ($295,000) on the market. Both properties have 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. Condo is a top-floor unit and so very quiet; it looks out over the pond. Patio home has a partial basement and is, naturally, a bit more spacious than the condo unit, but the price reflects that!

Even if the original poster here has already found something suitable, there may be others who are also interested in Swansgate.
Thanks for the info, Cantata. I have never been in Swansgate but have always heard it was nice. I have a client looking at Rolling Green; her children would have to pay the regime fee. I would love to show her the one at Swansgate if it is available when she is ready.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:06 AM

2 posts, read 2,860 times
Properties in Swansgate typically move very quickly, so don't wait too long! The regime fee on the condo unit is $353/month and the regime fee on the patio home is $283. (Condo regime is higher due to the cost of the elevators in the two condo buildings.) Both properties are in MLS so should be easy to arrange showing. If you encounter any problem, call the Swansgate office and speak with Rita Zack who is the property manager, and is wonderful to work with.

Old 11-18-2016, 06:35 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,843,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantata View Post
Properties in Swansgate typically move very quickly, so don't wait too long! The regime fee on the condo unit is $353/month and the regime fee on the patio home is $283. (Condo regime is higher due to the cost of the elevators in the two condo buildings.) Both properties are in MLS so should be easy to arrange showing. If you encounter any problem, call the Swansgate office and speak with Rita Zack who is the property manager, and is wonderful to work with.
Thank you! Gives me a good reason to touch base with this out-of-town client.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area