Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 10:24 PM

807 posts, read 1,784,513 times

Advertisements

Powdersville is getting a new Y as well. They have a nice library as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 10:54 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,376,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Grissinger View Post
Powdersville is getting a new Y as well. They have a nice library as well.
Wow, where will that be constructed?

Old 01-02-2013, 10:58 PM

282 posts, read 750,863 times
The Pickens County YMCA's future plans include a facility in Powdersville.

“It's still in progress as to what we want to do and when we want to do it,” said Pickens County YMCA CEO Sid Collins.

The Pickens County YMCA has purchased property on Wyatt Road and Highway 81.

“But what we're going to build, when we're going to build, how we're going to build, the board hasn't made a decision yet,” Collins said. “That'll be made hopefully within the next 18-24 months, as far as what we'll be doing.”
Moderator cut: quote shortened, copyright protection. Please provide a link to the original source

Last edited by Yac; 01-04-2013 at 03:11 AM..

Old 01-02-2013, 11:12 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,376,936 times
Excellent! I have always been a fan of Pickens County Y and even participated in various leadership/teamwork activities for families at the facility on S.C. highway 8 years ago. They seem to have a sincere heart for the physical and spiritual wellness of families in that part of the Upstate.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:40 AM

807 posts, read 1,784,513 times
Wren Youth does do a great job but I am hoping this will open up some new activity for them. I would like to see a 12 & up softball team for girls! Right now they don't have anything past age 12.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:11 AM

2 posts, read 3,400 times
Any news on this?

Old 09-02-2013, 10:18 AM

113 posts, read 244,820 times
Simpsonville is nothing but cookie cutter subdivision and sprawl. You should definitely do Powdersville.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:25 PM

5,490 posts, read 8,320,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GvegasProud View Post
Simpsonville is nothing but cookie cutter subdivision and sprawl. You should definitely do Powdersville.
That's not the whole truth. There are many neighborhoods in Simpsonville that aren't cookie cutter.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-02-2013, 02:39 PM

90 posts, read 277,622 times
Powdersville is more rural feeling to me, I live near Mauldin and have spent time in Simpsonville. I homeschool my son now, but the Mauldin schools have gotten consistently higher marks across the board than other Greenville county schools. Mauldin doesn't have a "city/town center" like Simpsonville does.

Simpsonville has a more small-town feel, the Saturday market there is great, I go every week. The town has a charming small center with shops, and people are very friendly there. If I were not considering a move to the Lake Keowee region, I'd be considering renting a house in Simpsonville.

But if schools were my top issue, I'd be renting in Mauldin. Although in the area I am in now (near Mauldin, off Miller and Hamby road) there is a new middle school opening next spring that is a charter school, and people are already clamoring about which kids will get top dibs--

I second the suggestion to rent for a year or even two-- Greenville to me, has a pretty diverse and extensive range of areas in it and it's only through time that you end up experiencing them. We moved here without knowing much about the area, and made a good choice in renting a house pretty centrally located and convenient to lots of amenities.

Good luck, it will soon be 2 years for us in the Upstate and every day I am saying even still how happy I am that we took the jump and made this move, it's a great area with more to offer than I have time to do it all!

Old 09-08-2013, 03:56 PM

181 posts, read 537,497 times
I would go with powdersville for sure. It has great schools and this area is growing fast, new Walmart and the new Y is being built on hwy 81.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area