U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 11:47 AM

8,813 posts, read 12,803,498 times
Outback Steakhouse, Golden Corral, Copper River Grill, JC Penney, Hobby Lobby, and Staples are all in Easley but not Simpsonville. Still playing catch up right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
It's about 18 miles from Easley to Woodruff Road, seven from Simpsonville to the same area.

How long has Easley been around and you guys just landed a Walmart??? The most remote city prior to Easley to have a Wally's World was Kodiak, AK.
Walmart has been in Easley for decades. They just moved to a new larger location.

Last edited by g-man430; 01-08-2013 at 12:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 12:04 PM

3,811 posts, read 2,890,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Outback Steakhouse, Golden Corral, Copper River Grill, JC Penney, Hobby Lobby, and Staples are all in Easley but not Simpsonville. Still playing catch up right?

Walmart has been in Easley for decades. They just moved to a new larger location.
Sorry, nobody knew about Easley until you came to this forum.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:45 PM

115 posts, read 97,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvidu View Post
They are going to have an open floor this evening. Why don't you go and make that comment there? Uncalled For!
Uncalled for? At this point I don't think so, but as the truth comes out we shall see!

Old 01-08-2013, 01:32 PM

3,161 posts, read 3,203,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
When did Simpsonville get Academy Sports, Petsmart, Sam's Club, Marshall's, Longhorn Steakhouse, etc like Easley did? Catching up? Nah...more like moving past Simpsonville.
Easley was a great deal larger than Simpsonville, which expanded into pasture land and still is. Simpsonville is a suburb and is more directly linked to Greenville. The areas are built differently. Part of Woodruff road is in Simpsonville, particularly the Five Points area.

This thread is about Simpsonville government. We can start another thread if you want to do versus.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvidu View Post
They are going to have an open floor this evening. Why don't you go and make that comment there? Uncalled For!
I hope the citizens of Simpsonville turn out for this. Since I live outside the city limits I have no say, but from appearances it seems like something fishy sure is going on in the Simpsonville city government. Sadly, local governments are more corrupt than state or federal.

Corruption in local government - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-08-2013, 06:11 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,067,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I hope the citizens of Simpsonville turn out for this. Since I live outside the city limits I have no say, but from appearances it seems like something fishy sure is going on in the Simpsonville city government. Sadly, local governments are more corrupt than state or federal.

Corruption in local government - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
From what I have seen on TV tonight it looks like the people did turn out. With everything being handled in Executive Session we may never know the real truth.
I know several of the council members and they are straight up people. I think, if anything, they were not given all the facts in the last couple of weeks. We shall see.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:18 PM

3,161 posts, read 3,203,233 times
Parking lot behind the city hall was filled with people standing.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:08 AM

8,813 posts, read 12,803,498 times
After seeing the news tonight, all I have to say is pass me the popcorn. This is turning into a bad movie and for some reason I can't stop watching. The good ole boy system within Simpsonville city council strikes again.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:17 AM

395 posts, read 325,514 times
FYI
Support for ousted police chief fills council chamber

Support for ousted police chief fills council chamber | Greenville News - WYFF Home

Simpsonville residents pack council meeting to criticize firing of former police chief

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/arti...1090027/-1/rss

Last edited by Toto7SC; 01-09-2013 at 05:30 AM..

Old 01-09-2013, 05:45 AM

I like this part from the WYFF4 news report:

Quote:
[Former Police Chief] Grounsell also spoke in his own defense.
"Anytime you have an adversarial employment action, you have to give the employee the option of a private or a public hearing. I was never given that option," Grounsell said. "I want a public hearing and I demand a public hearing. Because I'm going to air all your dirty laundry."

Grounsell also said: “You’re going to regret your decisions, I promise you,”.

Grounsell is a father of three young children.

Read more: Supporters lash out at council in defense of fired police chief | Greenville News - WYFF Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area