Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 04:35 PM

4 posts, read 4,119 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I've recently accepted a Job in the Greenville area and am looking to move down in the next month. I'm forgoing buying a house until I get to know the area better but I'd still like to rent a house with a garage so that I can still work on my toys (car / motorcycle).

I'm wondering if anyone knows good areas for a "young professional" (25 year old) male to live around the Greenville area. I'm open to all suggestions as it will greatly help me narrow down my search parameters.

Additionally has anyone worked with any good real estate companies to find a house?

Thanks,

- Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 04:42 PM

145 posts, read 356,469 times
do a search...

Old 01-27-2013, 07:16 PM

Thanks!

Searches work for some initial information but nothing is better than first hand information from people who live in the area.
I may be new to this forum but I am not new to the use and misuse of forums, but I appreciate the "help".

Old 01-27-2013, 07:35 PM

145 posts, read 356,469 times
there is a thread started every five minutes on here about "looking for more info on Greenville" just look

Old 01-27-2013, 07:58 PM

99 posts, read 213,580 times
Since you want to rent, then buy, I'd suggest contacting a real estate company that has a property management division. There are several good ones in town; you definitely won't go wrong starting with C. Dan Joyner Co. Moderator cut: link removed, realtor advertising The website also has some relo information you might find useful.

Here is newcomers info from the City website: Newcomers

And here is a link to the Chamber relo information: Relocation Information : Greenville Chamber of Commerce Years ago the Chamber published a newcomer's guide but not sure if it still does.

The Greenville News prints an annual newcomer's guide. Not sure if it is available online or not; if so search The Greenville News | Greenville news, business, sports, updates, community information and classifieds. Serving Greenville, South Carolina | greenvilleonline.com

Good luck, and welcome to Greenville.

Last edited by Yac; 01-28-2013 at 05:34 AM..

Old 01-27-2013, 09:03 PM

807 posts, read 1,784,277 times
How much are you willing to pay & what size are you looking for! 1 Br, 2Br, do you want a home or would a condo/townhome work?

Old 01-28-2013, 12:04 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,291,047 times
What side of town will you be working on?
What activities do you like (club hopping downtown, hiking in the woods, biking on the Swamp Rabbit trail, etc.)?
What size place do you want to rent?
What is your budget for rent?

All of those questions will help narrow your responses to rentals that more closely match your needs.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:47 PM

115 posts, read 264,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KClookingatSC View Post
there is a thread started every five minutes on here about "looking for more info on Greenville" just look
If you are tired of reading the same topic over and over then don't open them up! He asked a valid question and did not come with an attitude, how about checking your attitude at the door!

Old 01-28-2013, 03:03 PM

All good points...

- I could live with a 1 bedroom but 2 is always nice to have. The main thing I'm looking for is something with a garage in the $1K per month range with some room to work on rental price.

- I wouldn;t mind a condo but I'm trying to steer clear of apartments (I would like some space of my own)

- Activities wise I'm all over the place: I'm pretty big into rock climbing and outdoors activities but also enjoy going out for beers and good food downtown.

- I'll be working almost directly south of town right out by 85.

From what I've seen it looks like slightly east of the city is a bit of a college area. I wouldn't mind being a little further out if it meant I could have a garage but the closer to town the better I think. Thoughts?

Thanks for the help!

- Brian

Old 01-29-2013, 09:19 AM

477 posts, read 840,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones06 View Post
If you are tired of reading the same topic over and over then don't open them up! He asked a valid question and did not come with an attitude, how about checking your attitude at the door!
Agree.
You don't want to help -> Just don't freaking comment.

@bar5037:
What is more important to you?
A short commute or being close to downdown and not to far from the mountains?

Roper Mountain, Pleasantburg Dr., or Haywood Rd might be a good compromise for you. It's not too far from work, close to downtown and a short drive to the mountains.

Last edited by Toto7SC; 01-29-2013 at 09:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area