U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 10:29 AM

604 posts, read 959,411 times

Advertisements

This was posted in another forum

This just goes to show that people have no clue on what's going on in Greenville, Columbia, Charleston, SC

Census.gov will be your closest to correct statistic chart........ things have not changed so drasticially here and if anything are worse in SC since 2004 b/c of gangs becoming more prevalent.........

Quote:
If you don't like high crime this is not the place for you..State Rankings--Statistical Abstract of the United States--Violent Crime Per 100,000 Population - 2004
A LOT OF GREAT PLACES HERE but as i said before, choose where you move carefully b/c people are just on here trying to sell 'dreams' that benefit them somehow... not sure how... but's it's definitely obvious there's some opinions here that are deceptive imo

Mauldin & Simpsonville........ I can't reccomend two places with a biased opinion because I can only live in one and have no business relations tied into either region.

People scream facts this and facts that, just an interesting fact that was posted by someone else on city-data under hte "South Carolina" forum

PS:
minorities be careful of bringing your youth into a place like this

Last edited by sojones; 10-21-2007 at 10:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 11:42 AM

8,881 posts, read 13,285,185 times
^^See who started this thread: South Carolina tops nation in violent crime rate according to FBI

Old 10-21-2007, 04:02 PM

8,268 posts, read 8,030,958 times
Look up the crime rate for Naples, one of the fanciest, snobbiest resort communities in FL where a lot of celebrities have winter homes. Same crime rate (according to the FBI) as Greenville. I just looked up my city which is quiet & safe and the stats are just as bad as Greenville.
So I guess the places that have the lowest crime rates are prisons!

Violent Crime Greenville - 7 ............ Naples - 7 ...........U.S. Average - 3
Proper Crime, Greenville - 6 ...........Naples - 7 ...........U.S. Average - 3

So where is this "average" city? I grew up in Newton MA which is rated one of the safest places in the United States to live. Once my family was robbed and I read there was a murder there recently.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:13 PM

5,540 posts, read 10,437,073 times
Crime is everywhere. It seems like there is a lot of crime here in Greenville but I can assure you there is a lot more of it in Chicago!

And just what is "Proper Crime"?

Old 10-22-2007, 10:58 AM

honestly................

Chicago has crime but not as much as Greenville when you talk about 'area'

If the news actually reported a 1/10th of what goes on in West Greenville, Belmeade, Grey Court, and all these other places that have little working opportunity around and poor groups of people...... this little town would be shook up

Old 10-22-2007, 01:55 PM

5,409 posts, read 9,351,181 times
You are beginning to sound proud of yourself now. You love to twist the truth.

Honestly, violent crime in most of Greenville is not too bad overall compared with the rest of the nation. If you think I am lying, just explain why I can go out all over town at any time of day or night and never have to worry about being mugged. Explain why Greenville is known as a great city to raise a family. You can't compare crime stats between mega-cities and Greenville. It is not adequate representation as we've tried to explain to you before. Yes, there are pockets in Greenville's metro area where you should avoid getting out of your car after dark, but they are not places anyone needs to be anyway, unless they live there. The vast majority of the Greenville metro area is very safe and family-friendly. That is no lie.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
You are beginning to sound proud of yourself now. You love to twist the truth.

Honestly, violent crime in most of Greenville is not too bad overall compared with the rest of the nation. If you think I am lying, just explain why I can go out all over town at any time of day or night and never have to worry about being mugged. Explain why Greenville is known as a great city to raise a family. You can't compare crime stats between mega-cities and Greenville. It is not adequate representation as we've tried to explain to you before. Yes, there are pockets in Greenville's metro area where you should avoid getting out of your car after dark, but they are not places anyone needs to be anyway, unless they live there. The vast majority of the Greenville metro area is very safe and family-friendly. That is no lie.

Where have you lived to even begin discussing another place in the United states and what is safer?

I think living somewhere is the most adequate way to know what any city has to offer.

Would you not?

I have lived in 4 states: New York, New Jersey, Georgia, South Carolina.... with reasonable time spent in Nevada and North Carolina.

The problemw ith Greenville to me, violence here has no real 'controlled area'... the occurences are pretty random BUT a lot of the crime unreported goes on in the inner city as most areas

however, I've read stories of kids shot at McDonalds in front of the most popular theatre in Greenville

at 3 bi-los people have been murdered/stabbed but usually targeted violence, not random there

there's a problem here....... Do you deny the facts which are presented to you in the first post?
The US Census ...... government statistics site..............................???? or do you care to rest this argument

Old 10-22-2007, 09:42 PM

8,881 posts, read 13,285,185 times
Anybody who thinks Chicago has less crime than Greenville really needs to lay off the drugs.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Anybody who thinks Chicago has less crime than Greenville really needs to lay off the drugs.
considering I have family and friends in Chicago........

and most all the projects there have been torn down......

i think you all should watch out and stop showing your ignorance

guess you all choose to deny government Census statistics? LOL

May'be this is called denial

Old 10-23-2007, 08:30 PM

5,540 posts, read 10,437,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojones View Post
considering I have family and friends in Chicago........

and most all the projects there have been torn down......

i think you all should watch out and stop showing your ignorance

guess you all choose to deny government Census statistics? LOL

May'be this is called denial
but sojones, have you lived in Chicago? I lived there for 25 years and I believe I am safer in Greenville and obviously others agree as well. The numbers are what they are but the perceived threat is definitely lower in Greenville. I've heard Chicago is changing but thats not how I remember it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area