Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 01:35 PM

53 posts, read 190,271 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking for a new place where we can spend a lot of quality time together. We want to live where there is a lot of romantic things to do. All of the threads that I have been reading lately on this board are about politics, race relations, progressive or not, developments, and they all end up in arguments. I want romantic, fun, and sexy city data from couples that live in Greenville. I don't care if you're gay, straight, black, yellow, or blue please respond to this thread in a positive way, after all we are talking about romance, and there is nothing negative about that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 01:38 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,784,346 times
Skyliner, that's your cue.

Old 10-21-2007, 03:23 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,928,206 times
Default Just look at the pictures on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtatscha View Post
My husband and I are looking for a new place where we can spend a lot of quality time together. We want to live where there is a lot of romantic things to do. All of the threads that I have been reading lately on this board are about politics, race relations, progressive or not, developments, and they all end up in arguments. I want romantic, fun, and sexy city data from couples that live in Greenville. I don't care if you're gay, straight, black, yellow, or blue please respond to this thread in a positive way, after all we are talking about romance, and there is nothing negative about that!
Judging from the photos that have been posted on the Greenville forum, it's a very lovely place to take romantic strolls. No matter where you live there is always romance in the air. Just read the love stories written at times of war.

In my humble opinion, I don't think people are being negative when they discuss politics or religion. I find intellectual conversation very sexy in a man. So I guess it's all very personal.

Old 10-21-2007, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Judging from the photos that have been posted on the Greenville forum, it's a very lovely place to take romantic strolls. No matter where you live there is always romance in the air. Just read the love stories written at times of war.

In my humble opinion, I don't think people are being negative when they discuss politics or religion. I find intellectual conversation very sexy in a man. So I guess it's all very personal.

I love intellectual conversations as well, but I just wanted a thread that was light-hearted and fun. I want sojones, g-man, skyliner, p2, and all the other guys that post to tell me romantic and fun things about this city, instead of getting bogged down in the back and forth same old arguments. Indulge me, please!

Old 10-21-2007, 04:42 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,791,101 times
Are you coming on to me? Or are you more of a sojones type of gal? Or the musky, southern yet cosmopolitan maturity of a Skyliner? Or robbin' the cradle with the g-man, maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

Old 10-21-2007, 04:47 PM

745 posts, read 2,232,824 times
Depends on what you find romantic. I think strolling along the river on a nice evening to be very romantic. I think eating at a sidewalk cafe to be romantic. Stopping at Victoria Vinyards for a wine tasting is romantic. We even found staying in an original log cabin at Table Rock to be romantic. Of course, we are old people, married for 25 years. Your mileage may vary.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Are you coming on to me? Or are you more of a sojones type of gal? Or the musky, southern yet cosmopolitan maturity of a Skyliner? Or robbin' the cradle with the g-man, maybe?

That's what I want, see how fun this can be?

Old 10-21-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flgargoyle View Post
Depends on what you find romantic. I think strolling along the river on a nice evening to be very romantic. I think eating at a sidewalk cafe to be romantic. Stopping at Victoria Vinyards for a wine tasting is romantic. We even found staying in an original log cabin at Table Rock to be romantic. Of course, we are old people, married for 25 years. Your mileage may vary.

I think you are right on the money any others? Where are sojones and skyliner?

Old 10-22-2007, 10:01 AM

609 posts, read 1,619,700 times
there's a lot of romantic scenes but it will get repetitive quick...............

on the good side, you can goto the beaches during hte summer......

mountains for the winter.....

but if you're talking about things like comedy club for laughs, a nice little salsa or merengue club to see if you can do itttttt, orrrr just a nice bowling alley meets bar type of event........ no

there's not much variety here that I've seen

If you enjoy classic music though.. peace center, it might work out for you

Old 10-22-2007, 12:12 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,375,819 times
Flgargoyle's post is very good for this thread and I agree wholeheartedly.

Greenville is definitely both enchanting and romantic year-round! I am inspired time after time by the charm and beauty of this place. It is something you just have to experience in person to understand, and you will not be alone since countless others have this same feeling, which is one of the reasons many people have chosen to move here - and others like myself have decided to stay here. There is a timeless quality about life in Greenville. You can enjoy upscale contemporary social environments or opt for quaint and cozy historic settings. There are numerous events at the world-class Peace Center for the Performing Arts year-round providing extremely romantic cultural evenings you'll never forget. Several other venues in town provide numerous additional options for theatre, music, dance, poetry, and more. Art galleries and museums are abundant around town. As was mentioned earlier, there are more unique places to dine in style than a couple could have time to try in an entire year.

The outdoors are wide open and full of beauty and adventure awaiting eager explorers and romantic strolls or excursions. There are so many things to see and do outdoors that you should never grow bored for the rest of your life. With the plans to enhance these options even more over the next few decades, life will only get even better. We have the distinct advantage of living in a sweet spot for regional natural beauty. I personally love driving up to the NC mountains often and spending quiet moments in charming villages like Highlands and Cashiers, where I enjoy the scenery, culture, adventure, and peaceful relaxation. It just adds to the appeal of life in the vibrant cultural center of Greenville. I could go on and on about the romantic charm of this city, but will stop there and let others comment about their own experiences.

In short, if you find Greenville to be culturally boring or romantically inferior, you are likely a person who will not be happy anywhere in life.

If you would like any specific ideas for romantic getaways or evenings, I would be glad to offer a few suggestions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area