Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2007, 05:22 AM

128 posts, read 613,155 times

Advertisements

So this might be a little over-hopeful, but does anyone know of a pick-your-own apple orchard or pumpkin patch with a cider mill in this area. In Michigan, we have these all over, but I have yet to find something like this in the general Greenville area... Anyone know of one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 08:14 AM

36 posts, read 135,526 times
My daughter lives in Travelers Rest and they went to Hendersonville, NC to a apple orchard and pumpkin patch the weekend before last. Don't know if it had a cider mill. She said they had a wonderful time and they offered everything apple. They also picked up some of the best pumpkins she's seen a while. She said it was about a 30min drive and it was beautiful up there. I'll try to find out the name of the orchard if you are interested. Maybe someone more familar with the area will know it.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:16 PM

5,591 posts, read 15,375,819 times
There are quite a few very nice apple orchards nearby in Flat Rock and Hendersonville, NC. I have been picking them annually for many years now, though this year hasn't been very good due to the late freeze we experienced in April. Sky Top Orchard is one of the more popular places. I also have really enjoyed Justus Orchards.

Pumpkin patches in the area include:

Old 10-24-2007, 01:13 PM

69 posts, read 322,375 times
IF you drive up..crap is it 25 that runs through to Flat Rock??

There is Sky Top which is raved about, but if you drive just past the entrance to Sky Top there is a little store there, and it is awesome.

We have been going there every year for 20 years now and they are the nicest family and have the best preserves, chow chow and the sweetest apples and cider. Of course you don't get to pick them, yourself.

There are several corn maze, apple, pumpkin patch type places around the upstate.

My kids went to one near Spartanburg, but I do not remember the name of it!

Old 10-24-2007, 02:10 PM

81 posts, read 327,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
There are quite a few very nice apple orchards nearby in Flat Rock and Hendersonville, NC. I have been picking them annually for many years now, though this year hasn't been very good due to the late freeze we experienced in April. Sky Top Orchard is one of the more popular places. I also have really enjoyed Justus Orchards.

Pumpkin patches in the area include:
Hey Sky do you happen to have any pictures of the above mentioned places?

Old 10-24-2007, 02:30 PM

335 posts, read 1,181,117 times
nivens orchards is off 101, and has apples, corn maze, and hayrides, and also some animals. I also enjoy sky top. the scenery is amazing.
Liz

Old 10-25-2007, 05:22 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,101 times
Ah, one of my favorite day trips this time of year is Hendersonville. Take the short 30 minute drive to Hendersonville, then take US 64 toward Chimney Rock / Lake Lure. This 15 to 20 mile stretch of US 64 is dotted with apple orchards and apple produce stands.....basically two or three per mile. Several of the stands sell hot apple turnovers. YUM!!!!!

Old 10-26-2007, 12:48 PM

16 posts, read 63,862 times
There is one in Belton, SC which is only 30 mins south of greenville. My wife took our twins there last week. They are only 17 months old, but even they had a blast. Picked out there own pumpkin, fed the animals, rode the little train thing.....even ate pumpkin ice cream. It is actually just above Belton in the Cheddar community. It says by appointment only, but that is not the case this time of year, as there will be many people there.Here is the info below:

CALLAHAM ORCHARDS, INC.
Bobby Callaham, Jr.
Andy Callaham
572 Crawford RoadBelton, SC 29627
(864) 338-0810
June – October
8 A.M. – 6 P.M. Monday – Saturday (Market)
10 A.M. – 8 P.M. Monday – Saturday (Ice Cream Store)
1 P.M. – 5 P.M. Sunday (Market & Ice Cream Store)
Off of Highway 20, between Belton and Williamston.
Peaches, nectarines, plums, apples, muscadines, blackberries, raspberries, figs, pumpkins, and vegetables; homemade preserves (peach, fig, blackberry); homemade ice cream (many flavors); hay rides and tours by appointment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area