Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2013, 08:36 AM

56 posts, read 108,428 times

Advertisements

Coming to the area to find a new home. Not finding many homes in TR. So I have been looking at the boarder of Greenville. I find the school system has low rating for 29617 zip. Retired no kids in school, but this does affect the home value quite a bit. Any thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 09:17 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,292,662 times
That's the zip code for Berea. That zip code covers a huge area that is in the attendance zone for multiple schools. Any site evaluating schools and/or home values by zip codes isn't going to be very accurate......

Old 03-05-2013, 12:36 PM

113 posts, read 244,849 times
We live in this zip code and are moving downtown (Stone, League and GHS) because the schools we are zoned for here aren't that great...Berea middle especially. That said...it is beautiful...I think the most beautiful part of Greenville County. And if you don't have kids...I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:02 PM

56 posts, read 108,428 times
Thanks for your help. Even thou I do not have kids, this could greatly affect resale value if I have to sell. I have to take this into consideration in making an offer.
It took me 4 wks to narrow my home search down to 17 house I will look at when I fly in this wkend.
Will be looking at Taylors, Greer, & Simpsonville. Can not wait to make this area my new home. People just appear super nice.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:21 PM

241 posts, read 386,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tophat7 View Post
Thanks for your help. Even thou I do not have kids, this could greatly affect resale value if I have to sell. I have to take this into consideration in making an offer.
It took me 4 wks to narrow my home search down to 17 house I will look at when I fly in this wkend.
Will be looking at Taylors, Greer, & Simpsonville. Can not wait to make this area my new home. People just appear super nice.
Yes, a house zoned for Stone will be more valuable when you sell it; but it is also more expensive now than the one you want to buy in Berea.

The school premium (or discount) is already baked in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area