U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2014, 11:31 PM

13,161 posts, read 11,444,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhousejunkie View Post
So is the proposed location near to Hwy 14 (going towards Greer)? I wish they would put a grocery out there. If I go home by way of 85, there is no place to stop for a few items, so I end up in the madness that is Wade Hampton during afternoon rush hour.

I would love to see an accessible Publix. A Lowe's would be awesome as well, but it doesn't sound likely. I frequented Kroger when I lived in Columbia and enjoyed shopping there. They had pretty good sales. I'm still hoping for a Fresh Market but I know that may be unlikely. Though now that they have finished the renovation in Spartanburg I wonder if they are eyeing another location?
Many, including myself, will agree with you. The chances of Publix opening their first store in the City of Greer appear to be greater now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
FM should be eyeing the old Bloom/Food Lion location on WH...that would be a perfect spot for a store like that, IMHO

I see they are redoing the space and façade on the space to the left of Wedgy's Pizza on WH. Any ideas of what's going on over there. Also see that the Kendall Lube place next to the Quality Inn has a sold sticker on the for sale sign that's in front of it. Wonder if it will be anything other than what's obvious.
The former Greer Lube would be well suited for another quick lube operation. As long as it is not a title loan, payday advance or massage entity, many will be happy.

The Fresh Market would do well in the former Food Lion on West Wade Hampton Boulevard location wise. Accessibility needs improvement.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 08:15 AM

As we are speaking about supermarkets within the city of Greer, let us expand to the greater Greer area.

Crossroads Plaza

Crossroads Plaza, developed by Carolina Holdings in Greenville, is a planned 80,000 square feet retail center at SC-101 and Reidville Road (SC-296). The center will be anchored by a grocery store currently 45,300 square feet in size. It is pre-leasing.

The size of the supermarket is comparable to Publix.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:36 AM

Quote:
I just don't understand why Publix is dragging their heels on finding a location in the Greer area on or off Wade Hampton, there's been talk since I moved here of one coming to the area.
I have been speaking to some contacts about Publix locating off West Wade Hampton Boulevard on North Buncombe Road. From what I heard recently, this rumor has grown distant.

In my opinion, locating on North Buncombe Road would not be an accessible and desirable location.

Would anyone think Publix could open a store at Piedmont Marketpace?

Old 01-26-2014, 07:08 AM

2,776 posts, read 1,907,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Greer has a lot or retail coming in recently with Walmart Neighborhood Market and Kohl's. Might as well discuss Greer's retail here.

I recently heard Publix Super Markets will be opening a store within the City of Greer at West Wade Hampton Boulevard (US-29) and North Buncombe Road (SC-101/SC-290) behind QuikTrip.
I know this thread is kind of old but what happened to Kohl's coming in and Publix? Sure could use both of those in Greer.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:23 AM

Kohl's remains committed to opening in Piedmont Marketplace. I do not know their timetable on actual construction and opening.

Publix is rumored to open a store within the city of Greer. Locating on North Buncombe Road adjacent to QuikTrip has been a rumor, now appearing distant.

A new supermarket will anchor Riverside Crossing at East Suber Road and Hammett Bridge Road. A good rumor is Publix opening a store here.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
FM should be eyeing the old Bloom/Food Lion location on WH...that would be a perfect spot for a store like that, IMHO

I see they are redoing the space and façade on the space to the left of Wedgy's Pizza on WH. Any ideas of what's going on over there. Also see that the Kendall Lube place next to the Quality Inn has a sold sticker on the for sale sign that's in front of it. Wonder if it will be anything other than what's obvious.
Quote:
Many, including myself, will agree with you. The chances of Publix opening their first store in the City of Greer appear to be greater now.

The former Greer Lube would be well suited for another quick lube operation. As long as it is not a title loan, payday advance or massage entity, many will be happy.

The Fresh Market would do well in the former Food Lion on West Wade Hampton Boulevard location wise. Accessibility needs improvement.
The former Greer Express Lube at 601 West Wade Hampton Boulevard was purchased recently and will be repurposed as a private fitness center. (Upstate Business Journal, 2014-01-31, page 35.)

Drew Scott Allstate will occupy 5146-5150 Wade Hampton Boulevard, Taylors, adjacent to Wedgy's. (Upstate Business Journal, 2014-01-31, page 35.)

Old 02-03-2014, 05:11 AM

2,676 posts, read 2,982,781 times
For some reason the Kohl's development in Greer has been continuously delayed. And meanwhile Belk is supposed to be renovating their store.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:02 PM

3,412 posts, read 4,499,028 times
Quote:
The former Greer Express Lube at 601 West Wade Hampton Boulevard was purchased recently and will be repurposed as a private fitness center.

Place doesn't impress me from what I see on their website. It seems like it's a athletes version of Curves. Pricing seems really high. Very limited hours. Not my cup of tea.

We need a Planet Fitness in the Hwy 14 area!!! Someone open one up in the old Food Lion/Blooms, please!

Old 02-06-2014, 01:06 PM

148 posts, read 154,029 times
What is the name of the fitness center?

Old 02-06-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Place doesn't impress me from what I see on their website. It seems like it's a athletes version of Curves. Pricing seems really high. Very limited hours. Not my cup of tea.

We need a Planet Fitness in the Hwy 14 area!!! Someone open one up in the old Food Lion/Blooms, please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenvilleCityGirl View Post
What is the name of the fitness center?
Does Greer really need another fitness center?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area