Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2013, 01:03 PM

8 posts, read 14,890 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We are selling our present home in the Southwest, plan to move out to Greenville, SC Area within the next 6 months at the most. Both long retired, so jobs are not an issue. Links are fine... any suggestions, questions etc. just ask away, here goes:

I have been looking at homes for sale almost daily (Truila.com), am rather confused as to WHERE to buy. Home Size: 2,000 - 3,000 sq. ft. 1/2 acre max. $150,000 - $300,000 (max) range. Home with a pool (not a HOA community pool) would be VERY nice!
REALTORS: You are welcome to comment here if you wish, or send message.
Homes for sale by owner are very okay also, just message me.

Would like close proximity to greentransit lines (for convenience - not for primary transportation).
Where do you suggest ( areas) that are in the Greenville city proper?
OR
Does living outside Greenville city proper make more (economic) sense? If so, where.
I really need help in picking a SUBDIVISION ( for example: Windermere, Half Mile Lake) you get the idea. That way I can narrow my searches down.

The short of it: Where we live now: NO transit, no real place to go (short drive or walk to) and want to spend our "Golden Years" enjoying ourselves with outdoor activities ( Festivals, farmers' market, walk the Swamp Rabbit Trail, go downtown on occasion, fun stuff) and at the same time have a comfortable home/community we can enjoy also... block parties? Community fun? You get the idea. We might be older... but not OLD! :-)

Thank You
TEXASLADY

Last edited by Texaslady; 05-27-2013 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: Update Title, minor editing, added more text.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 12:31 PM

807 posts, read 1,784,513 times
The only negative to Trulia is that they don't update often enough & a lot of the homes on there are sold. Have you tried Realtor.com or Journalhomes.com. Journal will give you a good neighborhood description. There is a link to the green link system (sorry I don't have it). You can probably google it. You will not walk to the Farmers Market if you are referring to the 1 Downtown from Half Mile Lake but the drive is not bad. I know people who love it there. Try Cleveland Park, Parkins Mill & East North. You might get lucky but under $300k right now may not happen. Anything worth anything in the Augusta Rd. area or North Main areas seem to be getting multiple offers right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area