Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 03:23 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,757,407 times

Advertisements

In its size category. https://www.postandcourier.com/green...30b5ae373.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 07:21 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,210,414 times
Love our airport! Looks a lot like the Furman campus, park like and so user friendly, much fewer drives to CLT for us these days, and Getting to Atlanta is miserable, never again. If you die and St Peter shakes his head, he sends you to hell by way of Atlanta.

Old 03-03-2021, 08:08 PM

5,159 posts, read 7,349,998 times
GSP is a pleasant, medium size easy access airport. But if a larger airport is the only option, then Charlotte is nicer and much easier access than Atlanta if the choice is available.

Old 03-03-2021, 08:52 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
Atlanta might not be as nice or user friendly as GSP but if it saves me $500+ which has happened more than once I will definitely drive down there.

Old 03-04-2021, 03:17 AM

7 posts, read 5,029 times
Direct link
https://gspairport.com/aci-best-small-airport-award/

GSP is a wonderful airport and a great option if you don't mind a stop. However it really depends on where you live and the type of traveling you do. I always try to fly non-stop, even if it cost a few bucks more. It's worth my time and avoids potential delays. My son lives in Norfolk and there are no direct flights (stops in CLT). From what I understand, that may be changing but I find it easier to make a 7 hour drive than to fly.

ATL - I live an hour east of Greenville and traveled here often from the west coast. Atlanta was the only choice for price and getting a non-stop, however, you'd have to schedule flights around the Atlanta traffic patterns. Once you got used to the terminal shuttles, it was no big deal.

CLT - Not very convenient due to my distance. Non-stops from here more expensive and infrequent than ATL.

Old 12-09-2023, 07:06 AM
Status: "dreaming of Glacier National Park" (set 9 days ago)

721 posts, read 341,550 times
https://gvltoday.6amcity.com/gsp-awa...-greenville-sc

The airport was recognized as the

Best Airport of 2-5 Million Passengers in North America (NA)
Airport with the Most Dedicated Staff in NA
Easiest Airport Journey in NA
Most Enjoyable Airport in NA
Cleanest Airport in NA

Old 12-09-2023, 09:59 AM

128 posts, read 76,637 times
The last handful of times I've flown anywhere, it's made more sense to fly out of Asheville than it did to fly out of GSP. It's expensive to fly out of GSP.

Old 12-09-2023, 11:43 AM

5,485 posts, read 8,317,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromaluski View Post
The last handful of times I've flown anywhere, it's made more sense to fly out of Asheville than it did to fly out of GSP. It's expensive to fly out of GSP.
And yet it still has more passengers traffic than Asheville. When I've flown out of GSP it was competitive enough for me not to drive to another airport.

Old 12-09-2023, 11:50 AM
Status: "dreaming of Glacier National Park" (set 9 days ago)

721 posts, read 341,550 times
I compared on Kayak.com flying out of Greenville and Asheville to Seattle on a late January weekend.

https://www.kayak.com/flights/GSP,AV...ameair=sameair

Flying out of Greenville is about 100 dollars cheaper for this weekend.

Old 12-11-2023, 04:47 AM

144 posts, read 146,102 times
GSP is a great local airport.
The problem I have is that my wife and I are older and have mobility problems and the main hubs we have to fly through to get anywhere are bad for us.
Almost without fail, the connecting flight at the hub is a major walk to get to for us.
I don't kow why but every time we take a flight at a hub our plane boards clear at the end of a wing at the airport. Not fun for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area