Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 06:38 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,005,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo7396 View Post
I tried an indoor antenna and it did not work. I cannot get WSPA using an antenna.

Wonder why CBS and their affiliates are trying to fleece the cable and satellite companies? I'm sort of glad Dish is taking a hard line with them. Its a ad based model right? Why do they want to try to get added fees from the cable and satellite companies? They should be paying THEM to carry their ad-laden programming.

CBS does have one of the better sets of programs, though. Amazing race, big bang, price is right, etc. I think we will watch it the next day on internet if we must. Won't miss their news or local programs.

The cable and satellite companies will not do a thing but pay up and pass the price increase on to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 10:28 AM

9,492 posts, read 9,801,818 times
I'm a long time Dish customer (can't stand Charter). First, you can watch any CBS network show by loging into dishanywhere.com.

Second, Dish usually throws in a perk or two for the customers affected by the blackout, such as free HBO.

Most likely, WSPA and Dish will work something out in due time, but you have alternatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
The cable and satellite companies will not do a thing but pay up and pass the price increase on to us.
You can contact WSPA and complain since they are the ones looking for an increase.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:08 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,344,590 times
Quote:
I tried an indoor antenna and it did not work. I cannot get WSPA using an antenna.

Wonder why CBS and their affiliates are trying to fleece the cable and satellite companies? I'm sort of glad Dish is taking a hard line with them. Its a ad based model right? Why do they want to try to get added fees from the cable and satellite companies? They should be paying THEM to carry their ad-laden programming.

CBS does have one of the better sets of programs, though. Amazing race, big bang, price is right, etc. I think we will watch it the next day on internet if we must. Won't miss their news or local programs.
A good antenna with rabbit ears should get WSPA, which broadcasts on RF7. Avoid those flat panel antennas which are optimized for UHF. But if indoor reception is blocked, then a good outdoor antenna should solve the problem. Can even work in the attic, but needs to be HiVHF and UHF for this area. A good antenna would be Antennacraft HBU-22 from RadioShack, or Clearstream 2V from Walmart. And possibly a low gain amp. A strong amp is not needed and could overload.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:50 PM

This dispute will also affect WYCW-62, the Carolinas CW, which may also be dropped. That station is also owned by Media General, and they also carry 7 On Your Side news programming.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:24 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,660,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
When I had Charter, frequent price increases were normal. However, I do believe that Dish does not pass these costs on to us as frequently. They did have a recent increase but it may be the only one I can remember in the last 5 years. Charter often had several per year.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
When I had Charter, frequent price increases were normal. However, I do believe that Dish does not pass these costs on to us as frequently. They did have a recent increase but it may be the only one I can remember in the last 5 years. Charter often had several per year.
I agree, my cost has only been increased once in that time period with DISH, if not longer. My Charter internet has gone up several times in that same time period.

Old 09-28-2013, 04:52 AM

684 posts, read 1,185,400 times
If you really want to pickup a specific channel with rabbit ears, you could try to "point" your antenne directly at the direction of the channel you want. Go to TV Fool and put your address in to

Example:

Old 09-30-2013, 09:30 AM

CBS.com also offers full episodes on line.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:15 AM

So did WSPA go black last night? I forgot to check this morning. The last I heard WSPA rejected an negotiation extension.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
So did WSPA go black last night? I forgot to check this morning. The last I heard WSPA rejected an negotiation extension.
Yes, WSPA-7 and WYCW-62 have now been dropped by Dish Network as they failed to reach an agreement with Media General. Don't know how long it may last. Time to set up an antenna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area