Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 05:17 PM

206 posts, read 223,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
Virtually no one can pay for a six-figure hospital bill. Everyone runs the risk of getting a six figure (or even seven-figure) hospital bill. Therefore, anyone who cannot afford a six figure hospital bill who does not have insurance is gaming the system.
Most people aren't going to have a 6 figure hospital bill ever. This is a strawman you Democrats invent. And poor people are going to get a huge discount on any medical bill, sometimes they don't pay anything if they demonstrate they have no income or little savings. I have received 20 to 40 percent discounts for things like knee surgery when I didn't have insurance b/c doctors like getting paid directly by the customer and I had income and/or savings at the time.

Gaming the insurance system is waiting till you get sick and need surgery and then applying for insurance. You aren't putting money into the risk pot all along. This is mostly Democrats doing this kind of thing and many of them have enough money to pay for insurance.

Many people don't game the system, they are willing to pay the costs out of pocket if the not likely scenario they need healthcare for something. Why should free people be prohibited for making a private medical decision that is to their benefit financially. This issue is about at freedom at its core and I am nothing if not a Big Government Slayer.

As I have said, the goal should be to reduce the actual healthcare costs, not transfer the payment of the costs from one group to another. Democrats just want to spread the misery, give their low income voters another entilement while screwing over people not likely to vote for them. This isn't good government.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
When someone is being consistently proven wrong, they can resort to abusive language and insults in order to get the thread intentionally locked, so they can stop embarassing themselves.
Lol, nobody has to lock the thread. That won't be my fault and I am clearly one of the more affable people on this thread. I've been told to "sit down and shut up" by several of you leftwingers in this discussion, so it isn't like I have an obligation to be polite to you at that point. You get what you give.

You need to stop playing the victim card. It won't buy you anything. Nobody is out to get you, we can have a spirited discussion about stuff, that is what democracy is all about.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:22 PM

2,213 posts, read 2,844,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goeffrey View Post
Most people aren't going to have a 6 figure hospital bill ever. This is a strawman you Democrats invent.
No, but many people will, and their bills are often unpaid and the costs passed on to responsible people such as you and me. Therefore, Obamacare is necessary.

Quote:
Gaming the insurance system is waiting till you get sick and need surgery and then applying for insurance. You aren't putting money into the risk pot all along. This is mostly Democrats doing this kind of thing and many of them have enough money to pay for insurance.
Hence the need for the individual mandate in Obamacare.

Quote:
As I have said, the goal should be to reduce the actual healthcare costs, not transfer the payment of the costs from one group to another. Democrats just want to spread the misery, give their low income voters another entilement while screwing over people not likely to vote for them. This isn't good government.
Switzerland's health system is almost identical to Obamacare, and their costs are less than ours. No one in Switzerland is calling out for a pre-2009 American-style health insurance system. There is no reason to believe Americans are going to call out for the old system either.

Quote:
If we agree the poor are essentially already getting free emergency care which is generally going to be the highest cost care, why do we need ObamaCare? You are making a case against Obamacare, not for it.
Having all the uninsured people show up at the emergency rooms is completely awful for many reasons, all of which I'm sure you understand but refuse to acknowledge:

1) It's more expensive to give treatment at the ER.
2) Uninsured people can't get preventative care for free at the ER, which makes it more expensive and leads to worse health outcomes.
3) It clogs up the emergency room, which delays treatment for people with real emergencies.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:22 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,526,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I had my first ever actual spit take while reading that...

And... not surprisingly, you are wrong just as you have been on just about everything else you have typed:
https://www.healthcare.gov/how-does-...ect-me/#part=9

Why is this nonsense still going on? How many personal insults does it take until a person is kicked off of here (again).
He has typed enough, I say and he's shown his ignorance on the parts of the very law he's complaining about. The jury is still out as far as I'm concerned. I don't want to read this crap anymore. I'll post any numbers when I get them.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
He has typed enough, I say and he's shown his ignorance on the parts of the very law he's complaining about. The jury is still out as far as I'm concerned. I don't want to read this crap anymore. I'll post any numbers when I get them.
Yeah yeah, man, you need other people to pay your necessities but somehow you know more than me. If you knew more than me then you would be able to pay your own healthcare costs, right? B/c you would be making a good salary. Well, theoretically, under Obama's regime lot of people not making much money. LOL

Boom.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
No, but many people will, and their bills are often unpaid and the costs passed on to responsible people such as you and me. Therefore, Obamacare is necessary.

Hence the need for the individual mandate in Obamacare.

Switzerland's health system is almost identical to Obamacare, and their costs are less than ours. No one in Switzerland is calling out for an American-style health insurance system. There is no reason to believe Americans are going to call out for the old system either.

Having all the uninsured people show up at the emergency rooms is completely awful for many reasons, all of which I'm sure you understand but refuse to acknowledge:

1) It's more expensive to give treatment at the ER.
2) Uninsured people can't get preventative care for free at the ER, which makes it more expensive and leads to worse health outcomes.
3) It clogs up the emergency room, which delays treatment for people with real emergencies.
How did people survive pre-Obamacare? Costs were high prior to O-Care yet people seem to be making it out there. So it obviously wasn't needed.

I am in full favor of doing things to pull the actual costs of healthcare down. O-care is just redistribution of wealth, that is also going to affect employment and quality of care and wait times for healthcare are going to increase. All that stuff that always happens when countries do this dumb thing.

You keep bringing up other countries but ignoring the real criticism of ObamaCare. We already have e nough data that this is a bad law that is hurting many people negatively but you don't care about that. You can support big government and still oppose this specific law and believe we can do better than this. It is my understanding only about 8000 out of people in America's entire population are rejected for private insurance b/c of pre-existing conditions so that obviously does not require a government takeover of the entire healthcare industry to address.

ObamaCare is going to clog up doctor's offices as people will go to the doctor everything they have a runny nose b/c it is "free" . You are encouraging waiting lines for medical services.

We can also deal with the emergency care issue without ObamaCare. But we obviously pay a lot of taxes to help the poor in this country so clearly much of these expenses should be getting taken care of all ready. Somebody is paying it, right? If the hospitals are operating at a loss, doesn't seems like they would be around still. LOL

Bow down, biatches. I been on.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goeffrey View Post
Yeah yeah, man, you need other people to pay your necessities but somehow you know more than me. If you knew more than me then you would be able to pay your own healthcare costs, right? B/c you would be making a good salary. Well, theoretically, under Obama's regime lot of people not making much money. LOL

Boom.
Everyone who is worth less than several million dollars needs other people to pay their hospital bills in the event of a bad illness or injury - hence the need for insurance coverage.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:35 PM

the best way to help people with their healthcare costs is to get them a job where they are likely to be offered a group insurance plan.

Who is killing jobs in this country?

Obama of Obamacare.

Boom. This is how Republicans roll up in dis

Old 10-03-2013, 05:36 PM

I keep bringing up other countries because Obamacare has been demonstrated to work in other countries that have tried it. (like Switzerland.) I could imagine your predictions of catastrophe might be believable if this was some new thing that nobody had ever done before. But we're actually the last rich country in the world to attempt universal coverage. We can, and have, seen what works.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Everyone who is worth less than several million dollars needs other people to pay their hospital bills in the event of a bad illness or injury - hence the need for insurance coverage.
Um, no. Most people have insurance thru their employer or a private plan or they are healthy and have enough money to pay out of pocket when they need to.

So everyone doesn't need to have several million dollars to pay their insurance costs.

You seem prone to exaggeration and embellishment. LOL

We in a new era... freedom fighters are rising up and slaying the big government monsters. You cannot defeat the love of freedom and love of low cost insurance premiums and copays. We will make you own your support for high cost healthcare for majority of people and the fact people losing their insurance plans and jobs and salary b/c of this dumb law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area