Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 07:35 AM

2,437 posts, read 2,838,519 times

Advertisements

I will not be there this year, but I was excited to see that we will not have to search for a parking space when we go; there are park and ride options available, including Greenlink buses from CU-ICAR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 09:32 PM

12,626 posts, read 31,895,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
Nice, I find the largest issue with moving here, is never knowing what to do because there are too many choices! Last weekend my dilemma was between attending the Skunk Fest, the Greer Oktober Fest, and the Carolina Renaissance Faire.

This weekend I will have to check out the Fall for Greenville fest and the Greer Vintage in the Park show.

We moved to the region so we would have more activities and culture; so far we have not been let down at all
I have to agree with you.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:40 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,759,051 times
Fall for Greenville is my favorite festival followed closely by Artisphere in the spring. I'm especially excited this year as my sister chose this weekend to visit me from Nebraska. What perfect timing!

Old 10-13-2013, 09:36 PM

684 posts, read 1,177,282 times
Not too bad this year, need a larger randomstuffdeepfried menu.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:59 PM

It was decent and we enjoyed it other than the fact that it was packed. There was a great selection of food that went on for several blocks. I like how the map gave you a location and menu for every place. I didn't realize how long it would take to get through all of the restaurants and crowd that we really didn't get to listen to the music other than walking by. Lots of walking but overall a nice festival. We'll be back next year but plan to spend the day instead of just the evening.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:54 PM

141 posts, read 238,973 times
I knew it would be crowded, but still felt some shock at how jam-packed it was! Truly takes patience and not being in a rush at all.

We went Saturday evening; next year, I would like to go during the day and be there RIGHT when they open (-:

Candied Bacon Brownie from Nose Dive was sooooooooooo good!

Old 10-16-2013, 08:58 AM

505 posts, read 935,488 times
We just moved away in September. This is the first Fall for Greenville that we have missed since 2007. Kind of sad now.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:53 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,759,051 times
I usually go to Fall for Greenville when it first opens during the day and leave when it starts getting super crowded, but not this year! Because we did other stuff first, my sister and I went about 4 p.m. on Saturday. We took advantage of the free trolley from County Square, which left us off where Augusta St. meets Main near Smoke on the Water.

Somehow we made it all the way to the opposite end at East-North and did some shopping in between at Mast General. Got all the food we wanted with no problem. Fighting the super thick crowd to get back to where the trolley had dropped us off was an enormous challenge and seemed to take forever, yet I'm glad I got to experience the nighttime crowds just once. It's a whole different atmosphere at night.

Surprisingly, we were able to get on the first trolley that pulled up when we were ready to leave. Parking at County Square made getting out of town even easier than usual. Great idea, Greenville!

Old 10-16-2013, 03:15 PM

We were there Saturday evening as well. It would have been nice if once you got to the end of the festival, there was a trolley to take you to the other end. It seems they were just running back and forth from the parking at County Square. My feet were killing me because we walked up and down a couple times to see the booths and then stopped for food. On the way back, we decided to walk the next street over so we didn't have to fight the crowd. One thing I did notice was everything was very tame and didn't see any problems. I'd love to see them close the street down like this for a New Year's Eve Party with fireworks. I think it will do very well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area