Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 12:37 PM

825 posts, read 1,124,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
You can rent in town as well, so you don't even have to go to GSP. Enterprise will even pick you up at home, and bring you to the rental place if you need.

Car rentals are for 24 hours, so with an early morning flight you could pick up a car the day before. Same thing on the way home, you just drop it off the next day.

Not sure what area you are in, but we routinely get cars from Budget or Enterprise on Woodruff, and there are a number of national and local chains between Pleasantburg and the downtown area.

There are also locations in Mauldin and Simpsonville as well.
Hertz also has a free pick up service as well. Going off airport will also likely be cheaper as there won't be any of the airport fees, about $20 at GSP if memory serves me.

I really think one way rentals are the best way to go for the OPs case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 03:50 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,517,506 times
I did a little searching and all I've found is Clemson has a shuttle for the students to Atlanta or Charlotte and it costs $130! Only other options I can think of, is Amtrak or Greyhound and I get the feeling you wouldn't like that; I know I wouldn't consider it.

I have to agree the car rental is probably your best bet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area