Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2013, 02:14 AM

44 posts, read 158,892 times

Advertisements

I have a friend contemplating a move to Easley from North Carolina and she was asking me about registering her 04 toyota corolla here.....apparently she is still making payments on the car and doesn't have the title as the bank has it of course until she pays the car off.....I told her to look on the scdmv website for more info but I guess the site doesn't give her the details she's looking for

Anybody else have this experience when they moved to SC from another state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 05:06 AM

1,845 posts, read 2,763,744 times
She'll just need to identify who owns the title:

SC DMV Title and Registration

Quote:
Your out-of-state vehicle title and registration
If there is a lien on your vehicle, you must bring the name and address of the company that holds the lien.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:16 AM

44 posts, read 158,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
She'll just need to identify who owns the title:

SC DMV Title and Registration

Ok ill give her that info thanks a lot!

Old 10-30-2013, 04:31 PM

843 posts, read 1,431,964 times
Yeah, I bought my car in GA while living in South Carolina. They'll just want to see other paperwork.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:49 AM

114 posts, read 266,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla757 View Post
I have a friend contemplating a move to Easley from North Carolina and she was asking me about registering her 04 toyota corolla here.....apparently she is still making payments on the car and doesn't have the title as the bank has it of course until she pays the car off.....I told her to look on the scdmv website for more info but I guess the site doesn't give her the details she's looking for

Anybody else have this experience when they moved to SC from another state?
1. Make sure car is insured with a company authorized to insure in South Carolina.
2. Take the out-of-state registration to the property tax office in the SC county you reside in. Pay the tax bill that is generated, get a receipt.
3. Take the tax receipt, out-of-state registration to a DMV, and fill out a "form 400" (Title application...or, you can download it from scdmvonline.com in the "forms and manuals" section). IMPORTANT: If you do not yet have a SC driver's license, you'll need to take your out-of-state license and proof of residency, such as a power bill, pay stub, or bank statement. scdmvonline.com --> forms and manuals --> "MV-93" provides a list of documents accepted for proof of residency.
4. Make sure you know the lienholder's name and address, and the lien date. That's essential to complete the transaction.

Hope this helps.

Yakko
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area