Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2013, 09:05 PM

2 posts, read 2,786 times

Advertisements

I hope that their lives are as miserable as they are. Bastards.

Neighbors recently had a child, moved suddenly and decided that their dog was extra baggage. Come to think of it, I never saw them loading up their yorkie dog in the car when they took off, but neither did I hear sounds coming from the apartment. The thought of them abandoning their dog, I figured it was just my imagination running wild.

I got my answer today when I went out for a run down Pelham Rd. right on the Brewster's exit near the Publix. Thrown like yesterday's trash as if it had no feelings or ever felt pain. There he lay, an innocent gift of God, the neighbors dog, dead. It wasn't his fault he got the parents he did.

I have a feeling that grips my heart and I can't tell if I am seething with rage or I am just truly sad, but I get the feeling the little baby was not hit by a car and died instantly, but rather died a slow cruel cold death with the low temperatures we've been having recently.

The bastards most likely let him loose to fend for himself. A dog that depended so much of company. He would twirl and jump out of happiness whenever he caught a glimpse of his owners car finally arriving, after spending hours outside in the cold balcony. He was so happy that they would finally let him in into the warm. Sometimes I would sit with him and watch him from my own balcony in the dead of night; watching him shiver until he fell asleep and the bastards arrived. Just to keep him company. Feeling angry and impotent because I had no proof they were actually neglecting their dog since they eventually let him in.

I want to pick him up and bury him with a proper burial rather than let animal control pick him up and dump him in some bin as if his life were worth nothing. The only problem is, I don't know where to bury him. I live in an area full of private communities, apartment town homes and businesses near Pelham Road. Don't know if it is illegal to dig a hole somewhere and make some makeshift grave somewhere. If also like to have the neighbors reported, but I don't know where they went or even a last name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 07:01 AM

690 posts, read 1,146,383 times
That's so sad to hear. I love Yorkie's as they are some of the sweetest dogs around. All they had to do is take the dog to the Greenville Humane Society that's less than 5-7 minutes from those apartments. They would have taken that dog in in a heartbeat.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:29 AM

607 posts, read 1,402,441 times
Perhaps you could call animal control and tell them everything while having them file a report against the evil people who did this. Just tell them that you want to see to it that the dog has a dignified burial or perhaps a cremation and they may tell you what you can legally do. If this does not work, please have some peace in knowing that the dear pup has crossed "Rainbow Bridge" and really is no longer suffering.

Maybe one of the local pet cremation services would do this for you as a goodwill gesture.

I am sorry that you are having to deal with this.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:06 AM

2 posts, read 2,786 times
Valien,

I don't know if it is just my personal experience, but I've never had any positive outcomes when dealing with GHS or Animal Control here in Greenville. GHS has given people I know a hard time when taking in pets they can no longer keep. Understandably so due to their limited resources. But yes, I agree, I think they should have a least tried with GHS. So many people want to give up their pets. I don't understand it! If you can't keep a forever promise to a pet, don't f**king own one!!!!!

Let me not even start with Animal Control in Greenville. I once called to report a dog being kept outside without shelter in 25˚ weather last year and they refused to come out.

I'm afraid if I call them, they will tell me a sweet story and simply throw the dog in a dumpster somewhere. I feel I'll have to do it myself if I want to be assured 100% he'll get a proper burial. I'd like to report the bastards, but I don't have a name or current address. His body is starting to decompose and the smell is in the air, especially today that it is raining.

I will call GHS and see how they can advice me.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:52 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
This is just terrible that someone can do something like this to an innocent dog! When you adopt a pet, you need to understand that a pet needs a forever home. If something comes up and you can't fulfill that promise, you need to find another home for your pet. It's a poor excuse because there are many ways to do that. Geez, if you put your dog on Craigslist, you will find a home for your dog. I do suggest interviewing people for the right candidate but you will find someone!

As for the poor Yorkie, RIP. Jeeze, I'm sorry you had to witness this and I commend you for burying the dog. I'd find a nice spot in the woods and bury him. I believe in Karma and they will get theirs sooner or later!

Old 11-08-2013, 06:02 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,207,408 times
If this were really true they should be easily traceable as if was apt. Landlord should be able to help and provide info. Anyone who does something like this is a horrible human being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area