Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 07:49 PM

17,572 posts, read 15,237,377 times

Advertisements

Boiled Peanuts, but I don't think those would hold up well in a basket.

Abbott Farms stores, most of them at least (The ones along the interstate) are open year round.

On the alcohol side of things.. You could do Palmetto Moonshine (Which, honestly, I thought was nasty) or Firefly Vodka which is based down Charleston way. Both of those are fairly expensive based on the smallest size you'd be able to get.. Don't know your budget.

Sticky Fingers, I agree with the person who disagrees with that... That doesn't 'say' SC.. Not familiar with the Hi-Lo smoke company, but I'd say probably either Henry's Smokehouse or Bucky's would be good local sources for BBQ sauce and BBQ assorted things. I think you might be able to get some Maurice's BBQ sauce (Columbia-based) at some stores, but.. There's a history with Maurice and his stuff being pulled from shelves due to political issues. Don't know if being 'PC' might play into your selections.. If so, I'd skip Maurice's stuff.

Now, again, something I think is nasty, but is fairly easily found and decently cheap would be one of the small containers of Beacon Drive-In Iced Tea. Alot of the convenience stores carry it. I know.. TONS of people swear that it's the best tea they've ever had.. I guess just like the Beacon, it's love it or hate it and I hate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 03:28 AM

77 posts, read 110,489 times
Have you checked out the Farmer's Market on Rutherford? They have a nice selection of local products. You'll find pecans, coffee, grits, jams, jellies, honey etc, etc. They are open Mon-Sat.

Greenville State Farmers Market
1354 Rutherford Rd.
Greenville, SC 29609

Old 12-19-2013, 04:57 AM

99 posts, read 213,580 times
What a fun thread. I'd add Leopard Forest Coffee (fromTravelers Rest). There are several Upstate-oriented books by local authors -- Ghost Stories of the Upstate by John Boyanoski, Miracles in SC by Bobbi Bowman, for example -- these titles may not be exact but there's a display table of such books at Mast General. Also check out Swamp Rabbit Cafe for some cute items.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:09 AM

745 posts, read 2,232,594 times
While you're at The Forest for the coffee, stop in the Cafe at William's Hardware. They have lots of local gifts and books, and the lunch ain't half bad, either! Staying in Travelers Rest, there's also Copperhead Mountain moonshine, and a honey shop next door with lots of local honey products, including gift packaged honey in fancy bottles.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:46 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,374,908 times
Check out the museums/galleries and local artist studios for a variety of unique gift ideas as well.

Look for shirts, hats, and other apparel at numerous shops in downtown. A few of my Korean friends love the Greenville Drive shirts and gym bags they received a few years ago. I imagine Road Warriors gear would be equally unique.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:22 PM

5,590 posts, read 15,374,908 times
Check out the museums/galleries and local artist studios for a variety of unique gift ideas as well.

Look for shirts, hats, and other apparel at numerous shops in downtown. A few of my Korean friends love the Greenville Drive shirts and gym bags they received a few years ago.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:52 PM

423 posts, read 898,678 times
The gift shop at the Upstate History Museum has some unique gifts as well as local postcards, magnets, Palmetto tree jewelry, etc. I believe you can visit the gift shop without paying the admission for the museum. There is also a nice gift shop in the Greenville County Art Museum, also at Heritage Green. Mast General store also has some of the same magnets and post cards that are at the Upstate History Museum.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:00 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,215,555 times
Thanks so much for all of the suggestions. I will definitely check into this stuff.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:04 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,179,127 times
OMG!!!! I just thought of a good one!!!!!

A jar of Duke's mayonnaise!!!!!! Now come on....don't I deserve brownie points for this one!?!

Old 12-20-2013, 10:46 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,215,555 times
I was wondering about Dukes.

I could of sworn I drove past a local factory that made it, then I glanced at my jar in the fridge and thought it said New Jersey on it? Made me question whether it was local?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area